Dab radio

Does anyone know if it’s an easy job (ie straight swap) to swap a standard renault radio for a digital one. Do I have to change the Aerial etc? It’s a premium low cab if that helps!

Sent from my SM-T715 using Tapatalk

Yes you need to change the aerial. You may get away with using one that you can stick to your windscreen.

Google DAB antenna splitter. I fitted one in swmbo’s car last weekend and it seems to do the trick. At least, she hasn’t moaned that it doesn’t yet anyway.

Conor:
Yes you need to change the aerial. You may get away with using one that you can stick to your windscreen.

Yes the windscreen one is best ,and also saves drilling holes ,the mag mount DAB aerials done last long ,there’s dab radios that have a intermediate box and some that don’t ,there’s a couple of threads on here about them .

I think the premium has a 24v radio, so you’ll need to use an iso to iso loom (about £20 from halfords) and cut off the ignition and back up live wires. Then you’ll have to either find a 12v supply, or run both lives through a dropper.

Go buy a Pure Highway. It doesn’t need plumbing in and you can take it with you. I’ve had one for years. It plugs into the cig lighter socket, 12 or 24v.

Lonewolf Yorks:
Go buy a Pure Highway. It doesn’t need plumbing in and you can take it with you. I’ve had one for years. It plugs into the cig lighter socket, 12 or 24v.

No longer made. Other firms make something similar

I don’t see the point of DAB or satellite radio ?
I have a Droid Maxx, rollover data and ‘Tune in’ using this app I can listen to any radio station on the planet at no extra charge, all you need is an AUX cable, how do you think I listen to BBC and other UK stations all day long every day ?

Pat Hasler:
I don’t see the point of DAB or satellite radio ?
I have a Droid Maxx, rollover data and ‘Tune in’ using this app I can listen to any radio station on the planet at no extra charge, all you need is an AUX cable, how do you think I listen to BBC and other UK stations all day long every day ?

In my case because my 4-series Scania has ‘aux’ on the radio but I can’t find a hole for a cable :question: . Otherwise it would be MP3’s all day

The 4 series uses a 12 volt radio so you could just buy a new hrad unit

fingermissing:

Lonewolf Yorks:

No longer made. Other firms make something similar

They do still make them, just an up to date model

pure.com/car-audio/products/highway-400

Incidentally they also have a auxiliary socket so you can plug your MP3 player in

Fantastic thanks lone wolf. Ordering one today.

Sent from my SM-T715 using Tapatalk

Halfords do a similar dab to pure , I have one it’s a sonichi was £49 never had a problem with it but you do have to buy the extra aerial at £14.99

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductMobileDisplay?catalogId=10151&langId=-1&categoryId=318419&productId=916757&storeId=10001