DAB radio

Following on the thread about radio2 and how crap some presenters are got me thinking about changing to a dab radio,my question to you all is have I got to fit a new aerial or will the internal aerial in roof lining be ok?

ive got a kenwood kdc-bt39dab fantastic bit of kit, ive got the dab window ariel fitted easy to do, but in the truck you might have to cut a bit of the rubber from the window so the ariel can get an earth, but it works and works well :grimacing: :grimacing:

existing aeriel is no good for DAB.
you can either buy a dab aeriel from Halfords or look on ebay for an adaptor which splits and amplifies your existing aeriel into two… … I use one of these…
there are a lot listed… similar prices… easy to wire up too… you just need an ignition live…
then plug existing aeriel cable into female … then one connector to dab and one to ordinary inputs…
your dab radio will most likely still have FM/M/L stations as well, so you need both connections.

ebay.co.uk/itm/SPLITTER-AERI … 540af3c16d

There’s 2 type of Dab radio ive fitted so far ,a short one only half the lenght of a normal one ,this radio had a box between it and the Ariel mag mount ,the other was a normal size radio with screen mount ariel but you did need to remove the pillar panel to bear the paint to get an earth ,the instruction said that the black wire from the radio would power the dab ariel if needed however if wasn’t the radio did via the coax I think ,the fm / am ariel plugged in as normal .