DAB radio for truck

halfords.com/technology/car- … io-adaptor

Anybody running one of these? Looking for a decent dab solution for my truck and this has good reviews. Got dab in my car and must say it’s excellent listening to local radio when away on holiday. Any views please?

Matt.

Ive got DAB in my car too, but thinking about one of these for my partners car, she has a yaris with the radio being most of the centre console, so not much of an option to replace. so has anyone tried one of these ■■

image.jpggot this one but it takes a bit of setting up ,also got one which is a sonichi which is very easy to use even after having the isolater turned ,the red led illumination ones I find are difficult to see ,I posted this before somewhere but there’s 2 types ,a short radio with a box inline to the ariel and a traditional type where the ariel goes straight in to the radio ,both work out at a similar cost when buying the cheaper makes .

I’ve got one in my truck and one in my car, can’t fault them in any way. Make sure you get the external mag mount aerial though.
Can’t praise them enough

dave19544:
I’ve got one in my truck and one in my car, can’t fault them in any way. Make sure you get the external mag mount aerial though.
Can’t praise them enough

I would of agreed with the mag mount but one rusted apart on the sprinter and the Erf one goes via the sun roof that’s not ideal or holes need to be drilled which iam not keen on however on the Foden ive gone for the windscreen ariel which is far better all it needs is an earth to the pillar behind the trim .

you can also get an aeriel splitter/amplifier off ebay which has a female to plug your ordinary aeriel into, it then splits and amplifies the signal, to two connectors, a normal analogue and a dab plug… all it needs for power is an ignition live feed which you can get off your radio connection… I have a couple of links here…

ebay.co.uk/itm/SONY-MEX-N600 … 419b0eceb3

ebay.co.uk/itm/DAB-Radio-Car … 3f1984501d

image.jpgthis ones a good set its only half the normal depth and has a ariel box separate to the radio ,screens not very bright although the positioning is not a great angle to the driver

image.jpg better pic here ,it’s a phillips ,all my radios are from halfords too .

Punchy Dan:
0this ones a good set its only half the normal depth and has a ariel box separate to the radio ,screens not very bright although the positioning is not a great angle to the driver

I bought the Sonichi adaptor and aerial which plugs into the radio with aux lead. Works very well and only struggles at the usual dead spots for DAB.

MATT.