D4 medical exam

OK. I Know one of you will be able to answer this.
Just had a medical for my LGV renewal. I have been told I need specs to drive trucks now.
As I am 60 years old now I was kind of expecting it. Apart from that I am A1. 8 weeks ago I went to the opticians for a eye test, they said I was ok to drive but I may need driving glasses in the future (I never said I was a truck so I guess this was for a car).
So now I have a D4 form complete and I am trying to fill in my D47P form. Section 3 " your eyesight and hearing" there are 3 questions A B C
A can you meet the legal eyesight standard for driving using glasses or corrective lenses if needed ?
B do you need to wear glasses or corrective lenses to meet this standard ?
C do you need to wear glasses or corrective lenses to meet the legal eyesight standard for lorries or buses ?
So I guess I need to answer yes to A and C but not sure about B.
Any help would great

IMHO I would say yes to all 3

Yep to all three too, dont forget the eye exam needs to be within three months of the application been made, don’t hang about sending it back as the backlog at DVLA will add a few weeks…(guess how I know :smiley: )…

If you meet the standard for driving cars without wearing glasses, but need to wear glasses to meet the standard for lorries, then you need to put ‘No’ for question B, and ‘Yes’ for A and C

Had mine last year & the optician filled that part out for me simple

At the medical they determine the answer to question B, and I believe you were told it was a Yes. So it will be yes to all three (like it was for me!)

th2013:
At the medical they determine the answer to question B, and I believe you were told it was a Yes. So it will be yes to all three (like it was for me!)

The OP originally said that the optician told him he was ok to drive a car without glasses, so wouldnt that be a ‘no’ for B?

I went to the opticians for a eye test, they said I was ok to drive

alphonsohall:

th2013:

The OP originally said that the optician told him he was ok to drive a car without glasses, so wouldnt that be a ‘no’ for B?

I went to the opticians for a eye test, they said I was ok to drive

I see your point and agree - sorry I didn’t read it properly.

I wear glasses and have done for 35 years. On my medical my doctor tested me without them and said I reached the standard without glasses. so he put me down as that. Apparently it is available to plod and dvsa and if they pull you and you haven’t got them on youre in the doodoo