D4 Hgv medical form

Place I’m doing it are saying theyl do medical / eye test , but thought I’d get a eye test with spec savers just before as its a bit since ive had one ( though they say I’m not due one ) , bloke said bring d4 form and theyl fill it in , im assuming you’d not need to do one at the medical then :question: , not had this before as doc normally does eyesight test , but spec savers bloke it’s perfectly acceptable for them to do that side ( eyesight test ) of Hgv medical , £10 charge .

Yes i did mine there too…but didnt have to pay as i was paying for an upgrade for my 3 pairs of glasses.

truckyboy:
Yes i did mine there too…but didnt have to pay as i was paying for an upgrade for my 3 pairs of glasses.

Ta

I’d take the most recent. opticians prescription to the doctors when doing the D4 medical

peirre:
I’d take the most recent. opticians prescription to the doctors when doing the D4 medical

I’ve read the bit about taking glasses prescription with you , I’m assuming that’s driving glasses , my prescription is for reading glasses , I’m assuming you don’t need to take the reading glasses prescription

I reckon I know the answer :unamused: , but if you do this and the medical does not include an eye test, …Is it cheaper? :smiley:

robroy:
I reckon I know the answer :unamused: , but if you do this and the medical does not include an eye test, …Is it cheaper? :smiley:

it doesn’t really matter to me ( medical is £50 / spec savers said £10 ) as the company pay HGv medical costs up to £100 , I was just thinking if you did have a issue on the eye test then spec savers could maybe put it right there and then whereas if I failed the medical eyesight test I’ve then got the hassle of booking in at a optician to get the issue corrected , I was going to do it all with
my doctor , but you need to see a nurse and there’s none avaliable on a Saturday , so I’d have to do it in week and that would cost me a day off or they said I could use a holiday , so booked a cheap one on a sat , but the s/s said they’d do the eyesight test part of medical , should of just done what I did last time , new photo :wink: