D4/D2

Hi, about to renew my entitlement for my Hgv at 45 years of age. Does anyone know if I have to fill in the D2 form that came with the the D4 I collected from the post office (thought the D2 form was for provisional license applications only) also do I need to return my card license back with it.(license runs till 2025). Been calling DVLA for 2 weeks now to ask but as the strike action is causing chaos I can’t get through and the driver’s I’ve been asking out and about keep giving me different answers. Thanks in advance…

You will probably get additional responses as well to confirm. However, you don’t necessarily have to renew at 45. It is actually the next time your five year licence expires after you turn 45.

What is the expiry date next to the C category on your licence :question:

Thanks for the replies, I’ve had it my head from when I applied for my provisional and got my Hgv back in the early 2000s that once I reached 45 years of age I have to take a medical and then every 5 years till I’m in my mid 60s then every 12 months thereafter. My new 5 year card license was renewed last year and now I’ve looked at the back of it my Hgv entitlements end when it next needs renewing. How silly would I have been and of wasted 55 quid if I had taken a medical last week when I didn’t need one for another 4 years… Hmmmm■■?