D2 form query

Firstly i would just like to say just how good and informative this site is. :smiley:

I am going through the process to obtain a c, c+e licence, at the moment i have passed my medical and about to fill the D2 form. From looking though this site in section 1 of the form i should tick box c and may aswell tick box d to save me another medical if i want to drive buses later on. I got my car licence before 1997.

What im not sure about is that in section one it says ā€œFirst provisional entitlementā€ and under it has the boxes to tick then under that it says ā€œAdditional provisonal entitlementā€ with the same boxes to tick under it. Do i tick c and d in the First provisional entitlement and leave the Additional provisonal entitlement empty?

Also in section 2 it says country you were born in: I was born in england so do i put england, great britain, united kingdom?

Sorry for the seemingly noob questions but i dont want to give dvla any excuse to send it back because it already takes them long enough to process it.

Cheers guys.

Hi

beachlife123:
What im not sure about is that in section one it says ā€œFirst provisional entitlementā€ and under it has the boxes to tick then under that it says ā€œAdditional provisonal entitlementā€ with the same boxes to tick under it. Do i tick c and d in the First provisional entitlement and leave the Additional provisonal entitlement empty?

Yes

beachlife123:
Also in section 2 it says country you were born in: I was born in england so do i put england, great britain, united kingdom?

I put ā€œUnited Kingdomā€. I wouldnā€™t worry about this - they have your driver number and can see where you live from your driving license address.

Best of luck. At the moment it is sounding like the delay is with the medical branch and Iā€™m afraid you could be waiting 4+ weeks.

I always put England as my country of birth because Great Britain and United Kingdom arenā€™t technically countries. The UK is a sovereign state and Great Britain is a collective name for England, Scotland and Wales.

Thatā€™s just me being pedantic. It doesnā€™t matter what you put to be honest.

Lee1976:
I always put England as my country of birth because Great Britain and United Kingdom arenā€™t technically countries. The UK is a sovereign state and Great Britain is a collective name for England, Scotland and Wales.

Thatā€™s just me being pedantic. It doesnā€™t matter what you put to be honest.

• 1 Iā€™m English.

Do i tick c and d in the First provisional entitlement and leave the Additional provisonal entitlement empty?

Yes

England

Any more queries, fire away. BTW, beware of brokers. Make sure you deal with a trainer direct having first been and satisfied yourself that youā€™re happy with the set up.

All the best, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Hi there. Firstly, sorry for hijacking this post but that is one of the queries I needed answering. Cheers :slight_smile:
The query I have is do I still need to send a photo? I have already given them permission to use my passport pic.
(also it costs Ā£20.00ā€¦ Iā€™m a yorkshireman) :wink: Great Forum!!!

dp63amg:
Hi there. Firstly, sorry for hijacking this post but that is one of the queries I needed answering. Cheers :slight_smile:
The query I have is do I still need to send a photo? I have already given them permission to use my passport pic.

If DVLA has a current photo such as the one on your basic driving licence then no photo needs to be sent because they will use that one

Hi
Another new user with a bit of a thread hijack.
Can anyone help me decipher what they are looking for in the your conduct section as there is no mention of how far back one needs to go eg should one include a fixed penalty on loading from 6 or seven years ago? or spent penalty points?

Si

sim_64:
Hi
Can anyone help me decipher what they are looking for in the your conduct section as there is no mention of how far back one needs to go eg should one include a fixed penalty on loading from 6 or seven years ago? or spent penalty points?

Si

This is a good question I want to get bus entitlement as well lorry but have a DR10 from 1995 and IN10 from 2005 and 2010 theyā€™re spent now but Iā€™m thinking they will just delay my application.

Well, the notes booklet (INF2D) says this:

When applying for these licences, applicants must
declare any findings of guilt, fixed penalties and
cautions for offences relating to driverā€™s hours,
vehicle roadworthiness or loading.
In addition, applicants applying for a minibus or bus
licence must declare any other findings of guilt, fixed
penalties and cautions, even if they are not driving
offences, for example, assault.

Make of that what you will! it was easy for me because I kept a clean slateā€¦
Clear as mud, the guidance.

charlie2000:

sim_64:
Hi

Si

This is a good question I want to get bus entitlement as well lorry but have a DR10 from 1995 and IN10 from 2005 and 2010 theyā€™re spent now but Iā€™m thinking they will just delay my application.

I hope you are right, but I wouldnā€™t be that surprised if you get an invitation to meet the traffic commissioner with that cocktailā€¦

ROG:

dp63amg:

If DVLA has a current photo such as the one on your basic driving licence then no photo needs to be sent because they will use that one

Ok. Thanks very much for that.