D2 form help

Hi

Really noob question but when filling in the D2 form it asks for provisional entitlement, do I select C1 and C or just C as C1 is a sub category of C? I intend to do my C and C+E licences, if I pass category C will I automatically get C1 added to my licence aswell as long as I select it on the D2 form, ie do I need to take a C1 test to gain that licence or do I get added automatically if I pass category C?

Many thanks

Just tick C & D nothing else

Many thanks for the quick reply!
Does that mean passing category C test automatically adds C1 aswell? So your get two licence category’s added from doing one test?
Many thanks

New guy:
Does that mean that passing the category C test automatically adds C1 as well? So you get two licence categories added from doing one test?

That’s exactly correct New Guy. You kill two birds with one stone so to speak.

Similarly, if you pass category D, you get D1 added as well. And if you pass C+E, you get D+E added if you already have D. Isn’t this fantastic!

However, there is one thing I’m not sure about. And that’s if you pass C+E, do you get B+E added? It’s really a theoretical point for me, as I passed my car test before 1997, so was given B+E, tractor, mowing machine, etc.

You can view all the categories that you can drive on the government website:

gov.uk/view-driving-licence

Many thanks for the reply, Surely if you pass C+E you get B+E added aswell, would be madness to think you can drive a artic lorry but not tow a medium sized trailer/caravan behind your car!

New guy:
Many thanks for the reply, Surely if you pass C+E you get B+E added aswell, would be madness to think you can drive a artic lorry but not tow a medium sized trailer/caravan behind your car!

Passing CE upgrades B to BE and BE will remain as long as B remains valid

Thought as much, thanks for the help.
Sam