D swalker pickering

any imformaition or photos on d s walker from pickering.used to run top class motors.

Pickering? You don’t mean Fridaythorpe do ya?

used to say pickering on cab door thats all i know

Hullo All,
D & S (Dave and Shiela ) Walker, definately came from Pickering, unfortunately Shiela died last year (R.I.P) All those Scanias, Volvo, and DAFs are no more. But Dave is back just as an Owner Driver again, he is now driving an immaculate ( all of his wagons were always immaculate anyway ) Volvo 660, Grey/Silver with Blue lettering. I have’nt actually spoken to him this time home but I believe he is now , after that bad do last year, doing quite well agan.
Cheers, Archie.

doyouhave any photos of dave old trucks i heard his f88 is parked in a field nr malton

1volvo1:
doyouhave any photos of dave old trucks i heard his f88 is parked in a field nr malton

Hullo “1volvo1”,
I shall ask around, I do know that at one time he was restoring an old F88, he still lives in Pickering but as I said now drives an immaculate 660 Volvo. I’m off to work later this morning so I shall make enquiries for you.
Cheers, Archie.

Well I thought I knew all the local hauliers but I don’t know that name. I’d also be very interested to see this F88 as I have one to model and some photos would be great.

i was told he restored the f88 then sold it to a guy in malton the same guy said its in a fieldand youcan see it off the malton bypass

I’m sure I would have noticed it as I use the Malton bypass almost daily…

Hullo 1volvo1,
You may be correct, but as far as I recall the project was never finished, not by Dave anyway. As I said I shall Speak to Dave and let you know. As for being visible from the Malton bypass, I have never seen an F88 in or around the area for years, when I am in the UK and working I travel along the bypass twice a day, sometimes more. There were or still are two brothers, Dave and Steve Ward, they were doing a bit of restoration work on old trucks. In fact I am not at all sure that Dave Walker actualy had an F88 working for him. Anyway bear with me and I will satisfy your curiosity soon. If I don’t see Dave Walker, I am in Wards’ yard a couple of times a week and I will ask there. I remember all of these lads when they were doing their time as apprentices, either at Slaters or S.A.Bells’
Cheers, Archie,

There were or still are two brothers, Dave and Steve Ward, they were doing a bit of restoration work on old trucks.

That must have been a long time since. I haven’t seen anything vintage ish in their yard for years. Apart from the 143s they still ran, but they were sold off recently I’m told. Although I haven’t seen Steve to speak to so I don’t know for definite what was sold. I live within walking distance of their yard too :blush:

Hmmm you don’t think he means Thackerays old yard at Old Malton? You could see that from the bypass.

1volvo1:

Hullo 1volvo1,
You heard right, I spoke to Dave this evening, last evening, I’ve been on night trunk. He did restore that wagon, it was on his early fleet and he sold it very locally. I don’t know the bloke personally that has it, but I do know his father and his two uncles very well. I shall try to get down and have a look over it over the weekend if I’m not working.
Cheers, Archie.

Oh do tell, I must know them too then. I’d really like a close look at it too as I have a model of one to build.

Hullo All,
Just a bit more information on this F88, Dave sold it to Dave and Steve Ward, they were also doing up a couple of F88’s at about that time, they rubbed it down, gave it a quick blow over and ran it on general haulage for some time.It was actually them that sold it to the present owner. I do know for a fact that the flash blue velour interior has been removed, and I am assured that it is now just a rotting away old hulk. I did however see last evening on my way to the hub on the A1M, a beautifully restored F88 pulling a 30ft box trailer or a fridge, very shiny and in maroon. The name on it and the trailer were of some Scottish Company, it looked really good, but I think whoever it was was probably heading North for a Show or a Run. Anyway I shall get down and take a couple of photos of the ex D & S Walker tractor, and if I can find out how to post them on here I shall. I will ask Dave to pull out some other old photos of his wagons for me.
Cheers, Archie.

How long ago are we talking?? I haven’t seen anything like that in Steves yard for many years. 10+

Lonewolf Yorks:
How long ago are we talking?? I haven’t seen anything like that in Steves yard for many years. 10+

Hullo Lonewolf,
I don’t know how long you’ve known The Ward Brothers. I should say off the top of my head we are going back probably some twenty years, maybe a bit longer. Just about the time or a year or two after they built the (Dorman Long Shed), does this ring any bells ?
Cheers, Archie.

Hullo 1volvo!,
Regarding that F88. You have a pm.
Cheers, Archie.

hi cant see my pm?

1volvo1:
hi cant see my pm?

Hullo 1volvo! I’ve tried to do another pm for you, have another look. It definately said message sent.
Cheers, Archie.