D Steven & Son ~ Wick

Hi Fellas

Does anyone on here drive for this company dsteven-son.co.uk/ , I know someone who is moving near there and he is thinking of applying for a job with them - he doesnt use the internet so I said I would ask for him :laughing:

Any information would be good and if anyone actually drives for them and could provide an insight it would be much appreciated!!

PM is more than OK if you like to communicate that way either.

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Anyone?

ridd:
Hi Fellas

Does anyone on here drive for this company dsteven-son.co.uk/ , I know someone who is moving near there and he is thinking of applying for a job with them - he doesnt use the internet so I said I would ask for him :laughing:

Any information would be good and if anyone actually drives for them and could provide an insight it would be much appreciated!!

PM is more than OK if you like to communicate that way either.

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Blimey!. I,m surprised no-one has given a response to your post ridd. Maybe the Jocks are keeping a good thing to themselves. :laughing: :laughing:
Here is my contribution. Having met some of their drivers, in their top notch tackle, all over the UK and across Europe, the highest commendation that I could give Stevens of Wick, is this.I speak as an Englishman. If I was still in the market for a job.If I lived within a 100 miles of them.There is no company that I would prefer to have driven for. Along with T&M Catto. and Gibbs of Fraserbugh, they were my TOP JOCK companies. (Not Forgetting Charlie Alexander of course. :wink: ). If I was your mate, I,d be getting in touch directly with them. I would be very surprised if they did not have a waiting list. Bearing in mind of course ,that times may have changed.And Stevens with them. My memories of them are of how they seemed to be in the 70.s 80.s and 90,s.

public.fotki.com/Scottishtruckph … ven__sons/ (Courtesy of Brian Edgar). When you get on it. Run “sideshow” there are 447 pics.

Will they be even better than Fernhaul?

all flash and no cash

thats all ill say

All skirt and no knickers spring to mind… I had a mate who moved up to Banff, and the best he could get was between £5.50 -£6.50 ph straight through. They’ve sort of got you by the short an curlies up there because there’s not much else around for miles, plus they all know each other and the cost of living is cheaper. Good honest sorts so he said.

Thanks guys, think he was gonna give them a call this week - thanks for taking the time to post!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I meet up with Stevens drivers all the time as the company I’m ( The Real Mckays) with run the same loads out of scrabster into the fish docks in and around Scotland and England and I have never heard any of the drivers whinge about the company and always have nice motors so best of luck

gogzy:
all flash and no cash

thats all ill say

NOT TRUE

As you might be aware I do work for them and can say the Job pays reasonable living wage for what you do. We all could do with more.
I wouldn’t be doing anything if the money wasn’t what suits me.
This week I have had 11 hours or more off everyday…

Cheers Brian, actually sent you a PM also! :smiley: :smiley:

they have run an outstanding fleet for years.though i have it on good authority from several friends that m.d. david steven wears a very bad wig :smiley: