D O T Purge

Is it my imagination fellow expats (USA Side) or are the DOT coing ravin’ mad ? I have not seen an unmanned scale or truck check all this week. It is very rare to see truck checks in VT but in a 70 mile stretch today I went through 1 weigh station and 2 safety checks. Yesterday between the NY state line on I-90 (MA end) and Glens Falls NY there were 3 checks and for some reason they ignored me ? at Clifton Park NY as I drove in there were 5 inspection bays, all empty and a line of troopers waiting, I had several trucks behind me but they waived me through and stopped the next 5 trucks as I looked in the mirror … must be the Union Jack on the front of the truck :laughing:

Dont know about your neck of the woods Pat but in Ohio the DOT had a 72 hour spot check etc…started Monday and finished Wednesday, They were mainly checking drivers paperwork ie drivers license, medical card and insurance. I’ve been dodging scales and bears all week :laughing:

Bully

Yep!, it’s Nationwide, they do it every year but give a 3 month warning about it. It runs from June 8th to June 11th (Midnight to Midnight) 72 hours non-stop :open_mouth:

We are getting stopped at least once a day, certainly in Arizona and crossing into AZ from New Mexico, the bears and DOT are stopping gas trucks willy nilly, but it’ll all be over soon…we hope.

Be safe…and legal…!!!

Stu

NY is always bad anyway, with two or three checks on I-87 from NYC to the Canadian border everyday, but MA, NH & VT are very rare. We do get stopped on I-87 just north of here by INS a lot. :slight_smile: