D+E Question

Hi all,

I know this is a truck forum, but I would like to ask a question. I understand that if I pass my D before my C+E, on passing a C+E I would automaticly get a D+E, but would this apply if I took the C+E first or must I already have the D to gain the D+E on passing the C+E.

Thanks

NB

Either way round will give you the entitlement although it is often omitted from the new licence and they have to manually update it. DVLA are useless at these things.

NewBlood:
… must I already have the D to gain the D+E on passing the C+E.

Hi NB,

Yes, you’d already need the “D” because passing “C+E” won’t get you a free “D.”

“E” is just a trailer, so you’d need a “C” or a “D” as a prime mover.

If you pass your tests in this order C. then C+E then D you get D+E for nothing.This works even if you pass your bus test in a two pedal jalopy.

Apart from the fact that C must be passed before doing CE then doing these three, C manual, D auto, C+E manual, in any order will get all these in manual C1 C1+E C C+E D1 D1+E D D+E

NewBlood:
Hi all,

I know this is a truck forum, but I would like to ask a question. I understand that if I pass my D before my C+E, on passing a C+E I would automaticly get a D+E, but would this apply if I took the C+E first or must I already have the D to gain the D+E on passing the C+E.

Thanks

NB

I understand what you mean. YES you will get ‘D+E’ when passing ‘D’ AFTER passing ‘C+E’.

I had C+E before I did cat D, and D+E is on my licence.