D.A.B Radios

Forgive me if this has been brought up etc as im not gadget minded :stuck_out_tongue: can you buy a portable dab radio to put in cab? my thinking is theres some rate guff on radio at nighttime and wondered if you could buy one and play it thru the aux of the in cab radios? also what other gadgets are safe and excellent for night driving, best earpieces etc

I’ve just got a Pure Highway off of ebay - came with the external aerial etc for £60. I haven’t had much of a chance to play with it as yet, but it appears it will play via the aux socket, or via a spare FM frequency. I got it as it has been reccommended on here several times, and it gives me a chance to have a change from R2 - always liked Radcliffe or Maconie before, now I can listen to then again!

Gary

cheers gary thats the one i have been looking at just didnt know if it was compatable with in cab sounds promising though lol

yep, it broadcasts an FM frequency, so you just tune your ordinary radio into it.

absolute 80s ahoy pmsl

If you have a smart phone you can listen through an app called Tunein Radio, you get stations from all over the world , from Radio 1 to Downtown Radio Venezula…

ive got the pure highway and im using it thru the aux socket and most of the time its crystal clear with the standard window fix aeriel. just make sure you plug it to the headphone socket before the power or it will start searching for blank fm stations. ive used sellotape to stick the aeriel to the window cos i dont fancy buying a new one every time i swap trucks or get a cracked screen. im tuned to planet rock all day btw

looks like i will be going for the pure highway soon, i have got tunein app on my galaxy s3 but afraid that it will use my data usage on my fone contract, roll on 2weeks my induction at esl begins so better get the pennies out lol

I use Tunein radio on my samsung ( i like to listen to steve allan on lbc )i don’t think it uses a fat lot of my package . i use blue tack to stick my phone near the radio and aux socket coz i’m too cheap to pay out for a holder

other colours of sticky stuff are available

for the tight arsed brigade, is it possible to buy a standard dab radio and just plug it into the aux socket on the stereo?

Think that’s more expensive Happy, plus if you swap motors you have to plumb it in again.
Just a bit of info, if you have isotrack fitted it don’t half interfere with the digital signal, in my experience :wink:

I have a pure highway good but in London the external aerial is a must elsewhere the standard aerial was fine.

Pete the post:
Think that’s more expensive Happy, plus if you swap motors you have to plumb it in again.
Just a bit of info, if you have isotrack fitted it don’t half interfere with the digital signal, in my experience :wink:

I do have isotrack…but it doesn’t affect the digital radio on my phone. I wasn’t meaning a dab head unit,.just a portable dab radio from tescos for fifteen quid. Got one in the caravan and it works a treat!

happysack:
for the tight arsed brigade, is it possible to buy a standard dab radio and just plug it into the aux socket on the stereo?

I’ve got a Tevion (Aldi) one with a power supply for 12/24v (had to buy that separately - it will run on batteries if you’re THAT tight :wink: ). It was about £25 and works well enough. I have it on top of the dash in the centre tray and plugged into the aux input. I got it to check out DAB before I committed to a Pure Highway, but so far it works OK anyway. Much improved choice of listening at night too.

I’ve got a Pure Highway and it was the best money i’ve ever spent. Being where i am (Cornwall) i also bought the mag mount aerial and there are hardly any blackspots. Piece of cake to set up too. I bought a second windscreen mounted holder and swap between the van and the car.

Cheers gardun, that’s what I was thinking of…and yes I am that tight!

happysack:
Cheers gardun, that’s what I was thinking of…and yes I am that tight!

I saw something similar in Asda a couple of months go - I’m sure there are a few out there for the same sort of price.

Pure highway for me, external aerial makes a big difference as well. Got it on ebay for about £50 IIRC. Fantastic bit of kit. Absolute radio is great with a different station for each decade of music.

i took my radio out and d.a.b fit straight in same slot real xs allday love me rock heavy metal etc

My god people. What is wrong with you all??
You dont need all these fangle-dangled oozmerry bops!

All you need is Alex Lester!