Czech registered Stobarts?

Don’t know if this has been discussed before
Coming up the “M20” this morning, overtook 3 CZ registered trailers in full Stbart colours, being pulled by white Scanias, didn’t think much of it, but then a bit further on, overtook a car transporter, fully loaded and with (IIRC) Stobart European and in the Stobart colours and markings, again CZ plates!
■■?

I don’t know what the Czech boys pull in but I know there are quite a few Czech wagons on the fleet, obviously used on the continental work, can’t remember what they bring across though.

I seen one of these between jct 19 - 20 northbound m6 trailer looked UK spec not euroliner ■■?

Were they transporters? Autologic had a branch in CZ, obviously stobart took over Autologic and that maybe why. Most of the transporters do work here in the UK without going home for weeks at a time. If they were not transporters you saw then I don’t know.

seen these on the road a few times, no idea what they do or where they go.

Hmmm. Very suspicious this…

Someone should Czech it out.

The picture above is exactly what I saw, the trailers looked brand spanking new, not a bit of dirt on them and as I said Czech plates on them

The transporter was like the ones they’ve got here, all
Marked up and painted a la Stobart , didn’t notice any Autologic on it and again CZ plated

There was a bit of distance between the semis and the transporter, about half a mile, but was wondering where they might be going and were all four running together, from and to the same place

lewis1991:
Were they transporters? Autologic had a branch in CZ, obviously stobart took over Autologic and that maybe why. Most of the transporters do work here in the UK without going home for weeks at a time. If they were not transporters you saw then I don’t know.

Some of them loading at the Mini plant in Oxford this week.

maga:

seen these on the road a few times, no idea what they do or where they go.

They are lorries. They deliver things.

Sorry couldn’t help myself.

iv seen 100s of these in germany and transiting holland. and wondered if its a tax swindle

Why would this bother you?

Welcome to The European Union. The best thing to happen to corporate fat cats since the invention of golf.

An endless supply of hapless little eastern Europeans brought in to do the jobs of their western counterparts at a fraction of the price.

Should be a few more quid in the Stobart boardroom Christmas party kitty this year :imp: :imp:

joe royal:
Why would this bother you?

Reading the OP it sounded more curious than bothered