Cyclist killed Oct 16

This was a link on my tablet news feed today with the finding of the Coroner inquest.

A lot of stereotypical posts from cyclists below the article.

road.cc/content/news/235786-ital … ion-london

That sites full of the self important type of cyclists who think its up to everyone else to be careful while they do as they please, picking and choosing which parts of the highway code (and the law) they want to be applicable and quote all the time. The comments are to be expected from that lot

Yep
You’ve only got to read those comments…to realise there is no actual hope for some people.

I brought a load out of Hyde park today…and some ■■■■ crossed in front of me…and he was actually grinning at me,as he did so.

You can almost see the rolled eyes of the few posters there who have a functioning mind.
What on earth? a fixed wheel bike and no brakes, Jesus wept :unamused:

You gotta feel sorry for the German lorry driver, he must have been through hell since last October wondering if he would be for the high jump, a correct verdict in so much as the coroner could hardly give the appropriate verdict of Darwinism in action.

funny how the last nugget riding an illegal bike with no brakes was fund guilty cos he smacked some wifey crossing the road with her headphones on,and this time a cyclist with the same illegal no brakes bike is suddenly a victim…

And the classic about the driver not noticing the cyclist. Isn’t it a case of the cyclist not noticing the truck?

And which one is the more noticeable? The 6’x1’x6’ or the 60’x8’x16’? Don’t rush with the answer, …

Unbelievable and that was just the Republic of Italy having a Royal Family one of who was suicidally riding a bike with no brakes in London hit by a well paid German truck driver. :open_mouth: They couldn’t have made it up.

Some of the comments seem to be very similar to the ones on here that try and defend the actions of a truck driver and blame anybody else, when to any normal thinking person the truck driver’s actions are indefensible.

Even got one commenter saying that government and the authorities are biased against cyclists.

And of course the obligatory, deliver freight into cities by train, although they didn’t really explain how they were going to get from the station to the businesses that want them, maybe on the tube or by bike?

And how many commuter trains would get held up in a suburban station with no marshalling area while umpteen number of goods vans containing umpteen number of pallets were unloaded and transferred onto what ■■

raymundo:
And how many commuter trains would get held up in a suburban station with no marshalling area while umpteen number of goods vans containing umpteen number of pallets were unloaded and transferred onto what ■■

I was having this exact conversation just the other day. Given that an artic can carry about 27 tonne of stuff, it would take about 18 transits carrying 1.5 tonne each to carry the same. One artic is 60 ft long, transits are about 19 ft long, so 18 of them are 342 ft long. That’s before you get started on emmisions.

Not to mention the fact that instead of one drivers wage, you have 18, (And we all know van drivers earn more than lorry drivers!) a cost that has to be met by increasing the costs of goods.

As unnaceptable as it is to some, lorries really are the best method of transporting large amounts of goods to cities.