Cyclist killed in Salford

manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ … r-13563649

Left turn… Also that guy in the comments…

That guy in the comments obviously hasn’t heard of blind spots.

Tragedy. That must have been a grim one.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Radar19:
Left turn… Also that guy in the comments…

There’s a very simple solution for those people…put them out in a truck for a week learning. I’ll chip in to make that happen!

IronEddie:
That guy in the comments obviously hasn’t heard of blind spots.

Tragedy. That must have been a grim one.

It should be a criminal offence for cyclists to undertake any left turning vehicle.

If someone should overtake a cyclist when turning left that should be banned too.

Or else have a beeper fitted that blares out “Vehicle turning left, **** off and keep clear”, “Vehicle turning left,…”

All v sad but what is up with these muppetts whether cyclists or drivers. We must keep these road users separated or else this will keep happening.

About time DVSA did some proper work for a change to prevent accidents instead of prosecuting lgv drivers for stupid misdemeanours e.g. suspension ride height, landing legs wound up fully and such crap. Yes they could cause an accident. An artic and cyclist turning left at the same time almost certainly will.

Its about time the authorities came down on cyclists like a ton of bricks. Ignoring red lights, pedestrian crossings, undertaking left turning vehicles, picking and choosing which parts of the highway code their going to abide by, the list goes on.

Cyclists can only point the finger of blame at everyone else for so long. Unfortunately someone won’t go home to their family because they we’re too impatient to wait a few seconds for a hgv to manoeuvre and for the driver of that vehicle life will never be the same again.

youtu.be/lV-rhiGRFTE this video should be shown to all cyclists.

It’s funny how no cyclist ever tries to undertake, or squeeze past my matt black transit…

some idiot called ZeeTruth said only the HGV driver can be blamed,how does this ■■■■ know without facts or proof,not even the police know the full facts yet.

truckman020:
some idiot called ZeeTruth said only the HGV driver can be blamed,how does this ■■■■ know without facts or proof,not even the police know the full facts yet.

Probably a cyclist.

Sand Fisher:
Or else have a beeper fitted that blares out “Vehicle turning left, **** off and keep clear”, “Vehicle turning left,…”

might be listening to music and won’t here it

paul1181:
Its about time the authorities came down on cyclists like a ton of bricks. Ignoring red lights, pedestrian crossings, undertaking left turning vehicles, picking and choosing which parts of the highway code their going to abide by, the list goes on.

very true. It wouldn’t surprise me,they will just cycle off to avoid being penalised. Besides,they’ll just accuse the Authorities for harassing them,telling them to go and find rapists. So Police think,sod it,let them kill themselves.
I see cyclists who blatantly cycle into a hazards. On one occasion,I couldn’t commence forward due to several cars coming out/in a side street (in Levenshulme) and watching this cyclist in the nearside mirror passing by not bothering to slow down. :confused:

Obviously don’t know whats happened in this case but cyclists are one of the biggest dangers to a lorry drivers fine tuned mental state. At the roundabout at Cairn Lodge I was turnijg leftnto join the Lanark road. Fair play they didn’t undertake me they thought it better to stay single file both holding on to the n/s rear of my trailer.

H4L:
Obviously don’t know whats happened in this case but cyclists are one of the biggest dangers to a lorry drivers fine tuned mental state. At the roundabout at Cairn Lodge I was turnijg leftnto join the Lanark road. Fair play they didn’t undertake me they thought it better to stay single file both holding on to the n/s rear of my trailer.

so what did you do? stop and wait until they let go or carried on with the thought ‘it will be their own silly fault if they come a cropper’?

They didnt let go until a loud blast of the horn allowed me the time to move off. You know what see if some cyclists want to hold onto the back of a truck at a roundabout they must have a death wish. Sooner or later if they keep that behaviour up it might just get granted. They were proper lycra clad fitness freak cyclists, why the hell do they need to support themselves against a lorry? Trying to be smart arses is my guess but maybe they had a valid reason for being dicks.

H4L:
Trying to be smart arses is my guess but maybe they had a valid reason for being dicks.

Feet clipped to their pedals and trying to avoid unclipping them would be my guess. Tbh, a cyclist clinging to my lorry at the lights wouldn’t bother me in the slightest; the smart ones carry on, the dumb ones get hurt. Evolution of the species I reckon.

the maoster:

H4L:
Trying to be smart arses is my guess but maybe they had a valid reason for being dicks.

Feet clipped to their pedals and trying to avoid unclipping them would be my guess. Tbh, a cyclist clinging to my lorry at the lights wouldn’t bother me in the slightest; the smart ones carry on, the dumb ones get hurt. Evolution of the species I reckon.

this one clearly has the ‘Platooning’ app on his phone

As a one time occasional cyclist I never had a problem with lorries. They always waited behind me and gave me plenty of room when they passed. The same can’t be said of cars though! I’m at a loss as to why some cyclists behave the way they do, whether they’re black clad ninja cyclists riding at night with no lights or lyrca louts who think they own the roads. Both are in need of a clear explanation of Darwinian theories.