Cyclist jailed

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-41306738

Yes I know it doesn’t involve HGV’s etc

Beat me to it! Cyclist Charlie Alliston jailed for 18 months over death of pedestrian

theguardian.com/lifeandstyl … _clipboard

The prick should have got the manslaughter charge imo. Not sure about this lack of remorse being a coping strategy either.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

His coping strategy? Complete horse ■■■■, he should have been found guilty of the manslaughter charge.

Could be Feltham - that’ll be an eye opener for matey :open_mouth:

i bet the other 10000 dudes riding around london today in the exact same bikes are really concerned.

The woman’s widower is right to say there should be a new law of “causing death by dangerous cycling”.

The sentence would have been far greater if he was from a less privileged background don’t see what having a dead father has to do with it . ■■■■■■■

For such reckless behaviour and breathtaking arrogance combined with a complete lack of genuine remorse I’d have horse whipped the little ■■■■■ Far too light a sentence!

tachograph:
The woman’s widower is right to say there should be a new law of “causing death by dangerous cycling”.

That bloke was on the radio a few weeks back.
A very calm and polite man he was in the interview, who kept his dignity and calm under very difficult circumstances.
I’d want to kill the ■■■■■ for his disgusting attitude after the event, if it was my wife. :smiling_imp:

He is gett ing off far too lightly,his attitude stinks,hope he learns about the real world in the young offenders institution.

Finally cyclists might start to get the message that they can’t just do whatever they want on the road and blame everyone who is bigger than them for it. There are actually rules for them to follow and this shows that now and again the law might actually come down hard on them.

Rowley010:
Finally cyclists might start to get the message that they can’t just do whatever they want on the road and blame everyone who is bigger than them for it. There are actually rules for them to follow and this shows that now and again the law might actually come down hard on them.

Wot? Like bad car and truck drivers have learned their lesson? :unamused:

TiredAndEmotional:

Rowley010:

Wot? Like bad car and truck drivers have learned their lesson? :unamused:

The difference is cyclists seem to think they can just blame everyone else because they are cyclists

And by the way I am a cyclist myself so I’m not anti cyclist. I just don’t like the way many think they can ignore road markings, signs, undertake/overtake, ignore vehicle signals, and then blame everyone else when they get knocked off

Also why a young offenders? He’s 18, doesn’t that make him an adult? So adult prison?

Rowley010:
And by the way I am a cyclist myself so I’m not anti cyclist. I just don’t like the way many think they can ignore road markings, signs, undertake/overtake, ignore vehicle signals, and then blame everyone else when they get knocked off

Bit like your average uk truck driver then…

Sent from my SM-T210 using Tapatalk

Also why a young offenders? He’s 18, doesn’t that make him an adult? So adult prison

the report says he is 20 now, so as you say why not proper prison.

del949:

Also why a young offenders? He’s 18, doesn’t that make him an adult? So adult prison

the report says he is 20 now, so as you say why not proper prison.

I thought he was 18, 20 is worse! Maybe it’s based on his mental age as clearly he acts like an entitled child.

I think you have to be 21 to go to an adult prison. A young offenders establishment ain’t a cake walk especially for a boy like him…

It’s 21 for big boys jail so he might get a couple of months to experience being the ■■■■■ of the wing, I’m sure he will enjoy that. :laughing:

Regards
Dave Penn;