CV show/Multimodal 2014

Just a reminder if anyone going to the NEC today/tomorrow that the CM stand is in hall 4 stand H74 -

prizes to be won, and the chance to give the CM journalists your view of whats hot and whats not at the show

Last time I told a CM journo what I thought of the CV show (which differed greatly from her opinion), she left the company not long after :astonished:

I was one click off winning the top prize on that wheel. Fix.
Great show, worth a visit.

Not sure why Austin Powers was there though…

Dunno why they dont have it on at the weekend as well for the workers/public to go & have a mooch & charge admission.

Silver_Surfer:
Dunno why they dont have it on at the weekend as well for the workers/public to go & have a mooch & charge admission.

Quite simple really - The exhibitors there (myself included) can often be spending well into 5 figures to be there. It needs to pay, and so the onus is on the event organizers to provide quality footfall. They want to sell in volume to other businesses and don’t want to miss out on speaking to the manager of a large fleet because they were ■■■■■■■ talking to someone with no viable sale in sight.

I know, I mean make it trade only as is in the week & then charge the public/drivers for admission at the weekend & split the pot between the exhibitors/NEC depending on square meteridge. Might pay for some of the champers that’s been glugged in the week.

Silver_Surfer:
I know, I mean make it trade only as is in the week & then charge the public/drivers for admission at the weekend & split the pot between the exhibitors/NEC depending on square meteridge. Might pay for some of the champers that’s been glugged in the week.

I get what you mean mate, and that would work apart from one small flaw - you try pursuading the ladies and gents that have to man those trade stands to stay on, away from home for the weekend. Most wouldn’t.

Part timers. :slight_smile:

semtex65:

Silver_Surfer:

I get what you mean mate, and that would work apart from one small flaw - you try pursuading the ladies and gents that have to man those trade stands to stay on, away from home for the weekend. Most wouldn’t.

they do at the Motorcycle show there, and that is on for 9 days :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: