CV help - French qualifications

Greetings! I am wondering if I can ask for your collective wisdom to answer some (probably very stupid!) questions?! I (foolishly!) agreed to translate the CV of a friend of my OH who’s a driver in France. Having plodded my way through most of it, I am now stuck with understanding how his actual qualifications/licence categories fit in with UK terms.

He’s got a European Driving licence category B and C (do I need to ask him if he has C1 or C+E or is this irrelevant??!). Does this mean I could write that he’s a Class 2 HGV driver!!! Or do I just sat cat B/C and this will be enough? Aaaaaagh this is far more complex a world than I had realised…!!!

Also he has “Formation initiale minimale obligatoire (FIMO)” and “Formation professionnelle transport routier” qualifications. I assume the second one is more basic as when I’ve been scouring various websites I’ve only come across FIMO. I am wondering if I just need to leave these in the original French and hope that anyone employing him will know what they mean, but I wondered if anyone knows if there is a UK equivalent?

Sorry for such newby questions, and many, many thanks in advance!

Not sure about the categories, but the equivalent of the F.I.M.O. is the DCPC in UK.

Sapper

Cat C in France is the same as Cat C in the UK, ie he is as you put it a class 2 HGV driver. Class 1 as you put it is Cat C+E. The FIMO/ FCO is the DCPC as has already been said. He should have his DQC card just as you have yours.

Oh and by the way, welcome to the forum. :sunglasses:

Thank you so much for the info - that’s great!!