CV and cover letter

Ok,
My Q is, am I right in thinking I send my CV and cover letter to the ‘Transport Managers’ of companies? I’m sending a few via emails out today so would like to know who to send them to. Who deals with the recruitment of drivers?

Cheers.

L4Y3R:
Ok,
My Q is, am I right in thinking I send my CV and cover letter to the ‘Transport Managers’ of companies? I’m sending a few via emails out today so would like to know who to send them to. Who deals with the recruitment of drivers?

Cheers.

Best bet so they do not end up in the bin is to personally hand them to the TM which will also allow you the chance of a chat
Take your gear in car boot coz you never know if they need a driver NOW

Hello fella,

First of all good luck with your job search. To answer your question if it was myself in your boots, I would be thinking that ‘transport managers’ dont really get ■■■■■■■ in the recruitment side of things, especially with larger companies, although some may. The companies you have identified as those you would want to work for, I would be ringing them and asking if they have a recruitment office for applications. If they do, have a chat and express your interest and ask for an email address and a name to submit your CV to, most are dealt with electronically these days. If however the company is located within a reasonable distance from your home, I would drive over and hand it in face to face saying you called earlier and spoke with “… …”.

Keep us posted

Try this
Open google maps > put in your area >Then put in logists/Haulage companies >click the company name there will be a lot of them .
9 times out of 10 you get there websites .look for a career’s tab ,Or a contact email .
Send email as you say covering letter ,Cv .Title vacancies hgv ,wait a few days ,Then call them asking if they received your email .I have had success this way.Going in busy traffic offices this time of year is a nightmare
Chances are you will be ushered out ,Wait until it quites down ,Or go in the late afternoon
Good luck

Cheers for the advice guys.
I should have added that I am taking my Class 2 in February and am only looking to drive as a second job as I work 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off on a boat.
I will definitely be trundling around the industrial estates in and around Plymouth very soon, in the hope that the face to face method works.
As I had an hour or so spare today, I thought I’d shoot a few emails off to the not so local ones explaining my situation… You never know.

I am with a couple of agencies, but was after a bit of consitancy whilst off from my main job on boat.

On the other side of the coin, at least agency work will bring variety and give me valuable experience with different types of hgv work.
Just weighing up options tbh and keeping an open mind.

You could ring the company and ask whoever answers the phone for the contact details of the person who deals with their recruitment.

So your only taking your test in Feb wait until you pass before you contact firms because they will have forgotten you within the hour.

Fair comment mac12. I will probably wait until passed and then go and knock on a few doors. I’m going get myself out there for sure. I’ve only emailed half a dozen or so places today. Just wanted to test the water.