Cutting it fine?

I was chatting too my mate and he said he had a 18.30 booking at asda ( ambient ) , said he was out of hours at 20.00 , is that not a recipe for disaster :question: , I’ve no recollection of asda ambient but any
Of those places I’d want at least
3 hrs , 2 too get tipped and 1 too park up , didn’t it take hours too get pod at morrisons Wakefield or have things changed and 1 1/2
Hrs is fine , it’s asda at / nr Oxford from what I can gather if it makes any difference .

Pull out at 1900…let somebody else worry about it

It’s been known at Asda Redhouse in Donny to be on a bay under the canopy and tipped (full load 26 pallets) in 30mins and then having a wait of anything between 3-4 and half hour for your paperwork sat in a drivers area with about 5 seats but at least 8 drivers waiting :unamused:

He might be lucky with ASDA, but the one I’ve been to (not sure if it was Wakefield or Donny) they managed to lose paperwork, unloaded trucks out of order and had a waiting room about the size of Amazon Doncaster but with a dodgy door that slammed every few minutes and twice the drivers vs seating. Not where I’d want to be with less than 4 hours.

Morrisons Wakefield - is that the one with the multiple lanes going in, 3 lanes inside the complex and then 5 lanes to come out which results in everyone getting blocked in even after they’ve got the paperwork until the trucks in front have gotten theirs? Think that was 2 1/2 hours from entry to exit last time for me inc. a whole 10 minutes to tip.

Best one I saw was Amazon Doncaster where someone ran out of hours and after a lot of backward and forwards between managers, the “absolutely no sleeping on site under any circumstances” was changed to “tuck yourself in between those two trailers as it’s nice and quiet over there and we’ll forget you’re still here”.

At Donny they used to sign the paperwork more or less in 30 mins of being tipped unchecked. I think they’ve had that many discrepancies with damaged stock or short on stock that they now check every pallet off and won’t sign the paperwork until it’s done. Hence the long waits.

dozy:
I was chatting too my mate and he said he had a 18.30 booking at asda ( ambient ) , said he was out of hours at 20.00 , is that not a recipe for disaster :question: , I’ve no recollection of asda ambient but any
Of those places I’d want at least
3 hrs , 2 too get tipped and 1 too park up , didn’t it take hours too get pod at morrisons Wakefield or have things changed and 1 1/2
Hrs is fine , it’s asda at / nr Oxford from what I can gather if it makes any difference .

That’ll be Didcot then, he’ll get tipped ok but it’s waiting for it all to be checked off, not sure on where there is to park locally because he ain’t going to have time to go far afterwards is he.

Actually just seen the date so how did he get on ?

Definitely no chance with that scenario at asda erith!!!

If your out in the truck for the night anyway, why worry about this sort of stuff?

Just go on site & explain to the goods in bod that you have to be off site by 7.30pm at the latest and see what they say. Chances are, you’ll be told that you may as well bugger off, in which case it’s a problem for your gaffer to sort out. But you never know, unlikely as it is, they might help you out and get you a quick tip or let you drop the trailer - don’t ask, don’t get!

Tell him to ring the law doze, I’ve heard that they give you permission to park on the bay in these cases.
Tell your mate to remind em to bring their chalk though, that IS a must!! :bulb:

What do you actually want to know? Is it tight? No. Tight for the unloaders. Tough. Their targets and concerns do not match yours. Manage it.

Set your bottom lines/personal gates and make them stick. No one else will :unamused:

Check parking (local knowledge, eyeing up parking on drive towards the site knowing you’ll be tight on way out, google), set a limit, say T-1, then add :15 for slow resistance to raise bridge off back of trailer after you say you’re leaving then you have your gate. Make it stick. Once you bust the gate you’ll be sleeping in their yard, or busting hours if you blow your own bottom lines. A fool blows those personal limits.

Make it stick, and don’t be vague.