Customs tossers

why does it take customs so long to stamp a bit of paper?
i sat for 2 days waiting for T forms in northern ireland.
Why? i could have got it done in Dover within 2 hours, but oh no, they said “we get it done over here now to speed things up”. :laughing:
as a result, i’ve told the office not to arrange [zb] all, as i’m going home for a few days, can’t be arsed this week.

bad planning
their used to be a thing called pre clearance
but why do you need T Forms where you off too

doh Swiss

hitch:
bad planning
their used to be a thing called pre clearance
but why do you need T Forms where you off too

doh Swiss

it’s for swiss. but i’m only taking it to belgium for storage.
it was a nice short trip to give me some time off, before i get back on to the distance work.

Dover have improved immensely, recently. I still begrudge paying to have the EUR1 stamped in the corner but normally by the time you have a ■■■ and a coffee in the TV room, your number is up since they have used CHIEF

To be honest I am not getting it at all…

I have a bunch of paperwork, I am given another ones on exit and then on entry I am giving them away and land with the same bunch of paperwork I had at the beginning.

At both exit and entry all I have to do is to go to the speditor, pick up the paperwork and deliver it to another window…

I am in that job for over a year now and never nobody even looked into my van to check what I am carrying…

Can’t they just fax this paperwork to each other and don’t bother me with being an office errand boy?

(saying that, I am paid by the hour, so it’s no problem for me, I only need to check if I have sufficient number of mags/books with me - being paid for reading is my dream job :stuck_out_tongue:)

Do you sleep in your van when in Europe orys? If so…how? :smiley:

OllieNotts:

ffs with his eyes open of course :smiley:

OllieNotts:

Some have sleeping cabs, sometimes I just sleep across the seats or on the back on the van on the karrimate. But we are supposed to sleep in the hotels, it’s just sometimes I am too lazy to drive around looking for one :slight_smile:

orys:

OllieNotts:

Some have sleeping cabs, sometimes I just sleep across the seats or on the back on the van on the karrimate. But we are supposed to sleep in the hotels, it’s just sometimes I am too lazy to drive around looking for one :slight_smile:

Living the high life then sleeping across the seats :open_mouth: you must be knackered if you can sleep across the seats I’d have no chance, how do you get a sleeper cab in a transit van? :laughing:

OllieNotts:

orys:

OllieNotts:

Living the high life then sleeping across the seats :open_mouth: you must be knackered if you can sleep across the seats I’d have no chance, how do you get a sleeper cab in a transit van? :laughing:

http://www.kudauk.ltd.uk/content/images/products/sprintSleep.jpg

As for sleeping across the seats: I always sleep with my legs curled a bit, so to my surprise it’s quite comfortable (but not as comfortable as hotel, off course :stuck_out_tongue:)

Wasnt you that had that highland story in Truck & driver was it orys

greek:
Wasnt you that had that highland story in Truck & driver was it orys

Yeah… Memories from some good old times :wink: