Customised truck curtains. Are you doing it right?

I see numerous trucks (usually scanias) with very nice, customised and very expensive curtains and pelmet.

What has always puzzled me is why people fit them with the embroidery / patterned material facing the outside.

I know some are double lined so the pattern / material is on both sides but not many of them.

Surely if you’re spending £100 to £250+ then the nice side should be facing inwards for you to enjoy?

In my last job any driver who came through the gates with their side windows partially covered by curtains were told to open them fully or they wouldn’t be tipped or loaded

gazsa401:
In my last job any driver who came through the gates with their side windows partially covered by curtains were told to open them fully or they wouldn’t be tipped or loaded

What a load of ■■■■■■■■ wtf has it got to do with company aslong as everything is safe. If they tried that with me their load would be dumped outside gate bloody hitlers

gazsa401:

Proving again that the muppets on the gates are all jumped up ■■■■■■■■■■ :unamused:

goshow:
I see numerous trucks (usually scanias) with very nice, customised and very expensive curtains and pelmet.

What has always puzzled me is why people fit them with the embroidery / patterned material facing the outside.

I know some are double lined so the pattern / material is on both sides but not many of them.

Surely if you’re spending £100 to £250+ then the nice side should be facing inwards for you to enjoy?

I don’t understand it all. You have this expensive state of the art truck, yet you hang up frilly curtains that look like you’ve nicked them from an old peoples home…

gazsa401:

Strange how some gate /security cabbages work. At our place Pablo the gate man is a great guy, welcoming and friendly, the same cant be said for his hound from hell though ( Doberman/Rotty cross), square him up and he’ll have your leg off…

I don’t get why people put curtains in day cabs.