curtainsiders

not had much experience on these so apologies if this sounds daft but

do they open from the back same as front by adjusting the lever then pulling the pole out from the top?

dont wana waste all my day having to open the entire curtain from the front cause of being not 100%

Yes. Undo the tension at the back and lift the pole up and you can open from tbe back.

They open from front or rear. Most also have back doors, so some deliveries can be done through these

Some tight arse companies don’t spec tensioners on the rear, they can still be undone but it can be a fight.

thanks for the responses the firm il be working for use pretty new trucks so hope that wont be an issue

:laughing: the curtains on our new low loaders are a mare, thats why I get all the side jobs on my flat bed :laughing:

merc0447:
Some tight arse companies don’t spec tensioners on the rear, they can still be undone but it can be a fight.

Its only a fight if you don’t have the necessary intelligence to release the tension on the front first :smiley:

Make sure you tension them equally from front and back. if you end up with all the slack at the front, the back won’t open, and vice versa.

green456:

merc0447:

Its only a fight if you don’t have the necessary intelligence to release the tension on the front first :smiley:

Aye but read the opening post bawjaws it’s multi drop. Is that what you do aye, realise every buckle to get one pallet off at the rear axle?

Some curtainsiders I’ve used have had ratchet tensioners front and rear, some have them front only, some have a handle to rotate rear by approx 180 deg, some just have a bar that’s pulled in by the front ratchet.

merc0447:

+1 :laughing:

remember and put both front and rear bars in before putting tension on, its easier in the long run. at least until you get used to how it works.
also have a quick look before you leave the yard on how the tension is knocked off. I was at a farm loading in gale force winds once, its no fun trying to work out where the button or leaver is in a storm! it takes 2 seconds to ask someone, no pride lost in asking, if the person you ask has a go then ask someone else.

also if you haven’t used a curtain before have a quick look at the buckles when you have a chance to ask someone.

redboxer850:

merc0447:

+1 :laughing:

then find they have 2 different sorts on the same trailer :open_mouth: