Curtainsiders

Hi all, got an interview with a company driving class 1. The problem is I’ve only had my licence 6 months and only driven box trailers. The company where my interview is have all curtainsiders. How do you use/work a curtainsider? All advice gladly welcomed. Thanks all

Undo all the straps on the side first, then work out how to take the poles out from the front and rear of the trailer - then simply pull the curtain open - simples :slight_smile: If you’re lucky all of the trailers will be the same type - just ask and guys will show you.
Good luck :smiley:

There are minor variations to how the buckles open, and how the tensioners are released but this should give you an idea.

One thing to remember is to cover the front tensioner with the curtain to help prevent the suzies getting snagged on the tensioners.

44 Tonne Ton:
One thing to remember is to cover the front tensioner with the curtain to help prevent the suzies getting snagged on the tensioners.

Thats a very good bit of advice for anyone that has used a curtainsider before.

Just to add my bit, if the curtain doesnt slide very well start from the back and pull it towards you instead of holding the pole and pulling it.

44 Tonne Ton:

Although basically, if the people who built the trailer ■■■■■■ up the curtain measurements then there’s nothing any driver can do to prevent this happening for ever and a day. :wink:

Coastlinertoddy:
How do you use/work a curtainsider? All advice gladly welcomed. Thanks all

Hi Coastlinertoddy,

Here’s a link to a topic that should give you some pointers… there are even some piccys too!! :smiley:

:arrow_right: Curtains? - NEW AND WANNABE DRIVERS (INTERACTIVE) - Trucknet UK

Thanks for all your advice guys, I’ll let you know how I get on. Appreciate it