Curtainside body builders

Hi

Currently running a 24ft Rigid with Manitou TMF on the back. The current body was manufactured by Chelmer Bodies but lacks any fitted load restraint system. (we have to strap everything down using ratchet straps). Current body is 8ft6 thro the curtains but could do with 9ft 2 for some of the taller pallets we sometimes carry (baled woodshavings) Our loads cube out before they max out on payload.

Can anyone recommend a good bodybuilder? Ideally I want to minimise the overall height as much as possible but maintain the internal height.

I am located in Bedfordshire and was thinking of starting with Lawrence David at Peterborough.

Thanks

What about Yaxley coachworks they’re also in Peterborough.

Lawrence David is a good call. They maybe a little more expensive but stay in good shape for years and will provide everything you need.

If you’re just wanting someone to increase roof height and add internal straps, to the existing, then stay local but if it’s a new body then you might easily find you can more than save the cost of travelling by gettng quotes from wherever.

Roco at bradford were cheap and chearfull,if they are still at it :neutral_face:

Fred smith and sons
Find them on web. Very good body builders, also JC Payne for a new body priced me 10k
26ft curtainsider Moffet brackets on back just for a guide for you

Go for a body built to the EN 12642-XL standard for the type of goods you are carrying otherwise everything has to be strapped down and internal straps are no longer acceptable.