Curtains scania R450 Topline

hi folks.

I am looking to order some new curtains for my upcoming lorry i am getting. Its an R450 Topline Scania. I have two options for the length of the curtains, Standard 36" drop or 48" drop, Which one will i need please ?

It also asks heading tape on tartan side ( am getting tartan ones ) or black lining side. I am thinking on the black lining side ? is that right ?

Will i also need to get different hooks for them or will they fit on the standard ones ?

thanks for your help

norfolklad01:
hi folks.

I am looking to order some new curtains for my upcoming lorry i am getting. Its an R450 Topline Scania. I have two options for the length of the curtains, Standard 36" drop or 48" drop, Which one will i need please ?

It also asks heading tape on tartan side ( am getting tartan ones ) or black lining side. I am thinking on the black lining side ? is that right ?

Will i also need to get different hooks for them or will they fit on the standard ones ?

thanks for your help

Pretty sure it’s the standard drop, but give the cab a measure first to be sure.

I’ve always had the heading tape on the black side, never been given the option to have them the other side.

You’ll need new hooks, the ones on the standard curtain are stitched on. You can get two kinds, a runner and hook all in one or a small runner that you hook on to the hook. The all in one ones are better, less footery.

thanks for that bud.

Haberdashery advice.
I’ve never paid for truck curtains, well not the £200+ you see them advertising for. Go to dunelms, BM, find a pair of 90×46 lined, or thermal door curtains., Then by some Roman blind tape, or buy new hooks from eBay to stitch into curtains., Measuring from centre of screen, round to end of track, then from top of track to were you want curtains to sit, you can buy blackout linings, if you wish, or thermal blackout (this),… Tassels to suit again available from dunelms or on line, Tie backs, upto you. With the material you have left, you might have enough for a pelmet…

He’ll be wanting tartan peek-a-boo curtains, non if that sensible plain Dumelm stuff :laughing:

peirre:
He’ll be wanting tartan peek-a-boo curtains, non if that sensible plain Dumelm stuff :laughing:

Dunelms have a varied range of fabrics, so you could make your own, without the need to modify,a set of door curtains.

peirre:

Are those the ones where you see the driver having to lean over the steering wheel to look out the driver’s door window at roundabouts and T junctions because the curtain is blocking 75% of it?

I’ve always found closing my eyes makes it dark enough.
And for thermal linings I find bluetacking pages from the Guardian to the windows do a ■■■■ fine job :smiley: