Curtain twitchers

why do some drivers hide behind their cab curtains , are they extremely ugly and dont want people to see them , or do they owe people money and are hiding , you know the sort i mean , sat so far back they must be on the bunk , with the curtains half way across the side window , i just think they are very ignorant of the other road users that they obviously cant see as they are doing their hiding trick

I don’t know about anyone else I use them to keep the sun out while I have a couple of hours of POA at the bosses expense

when sat in public view all day then a bit of privacy is a good thing esp if the boss is paying for it :laughing:

There is a driver of my acquaintance who recently had to resort to hiding behind the curtains while driving due to an ugly growth on his neck. Oh yes, he also had a big, festering, spot on it as well. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

It looks cool
like the film duel.you never see the driver :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing:
Mostly applies to Scania drivers :wink: :laughing:

porkifer:
why do some drivers hide behind their cab curtains , are they extremely ugly and dont want people to see them , or do they owe people money and are hiding , you know the sort i mean , sat so far back they must be on the bunk , with the curtains half way across the side window , i just think they are very ignorant of the other road users that they obviously cant see as they are doing their hiding trick

So they pull their curtains across. So what? Is it doing anyone any harm? No. Do they have a crash? No. On some wagons if you have the window open, the vacuum created (no I don’t expect you to have the brains to work out why that is) drags the curtains forward and you get sick of always pushing them back and eventually give up. You can see out the mirrors and side window enough so it doesn’t matter.

In my opinion, judging by your display of illiteracy, you’ve a damned sight more important things to be worrying about than someones curtains.

If I was driving a Scania I’d hide my face too!

bestbooties:
If I was driving a Scania I’d hide my face too!

bugger beat me to it

Conor:

porkifer:

So they pull their curtains across. So what? Is it doing anyone any harm? No. Do they have a crash? No. On some wagons if you have the window open, the vacuum created (no I don’t expect you to have the brains to work out why that is) drags the curtains forward and you get sick of always pushing them back and eventually give up. You can see out the mirrors and side window enough so it doesn’t matter.

In my opinion, judging by your display of illiteracy, you’ve a damned sight more important things to be worrying about than someones curtains.

PMSL :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Obviously hit a nerve then conor :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Calm down :unamused:

Conor:

porkifer:

It’ll be curtains for you if he catches hold of ya !!!

:unamused: :unamused: We don’t have curtains on our 7.5t fleet :unamused: :cry: :cry:

I suppose I can hang my coat up :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Good point here.

Those over the top , rather fancy curtains which obscure the nearside window (uk wagon) are silly and restrict visibility. Also those stupid girly transfer things - what is the point?

I saw an idiot in a car the other with a twelve inch square ‘for sale’ sign stuck to the nearsdie passenger window - pudding.

I used to have curtains in a ‘D’ series Ford.they were gathered with a strap at the far nearside of the windscreen - kipped acorss the seats. They were a very tasteful lemon and black polka dot design. Okay, it was 1984 and things have moved on. Restricting side visibility does NOT represent progress though.

fox

Conor:

just what in your considerable opinion should he be worrying about?
you understood his post, I understood his post, all the others who’ve answered seem to have understood him.
he’s obviosly earning a crust, i’d have thought he had very little to worry about.

The tossers that hide behind curtians tend to always have big spotlights as well have you noticed?.

You can be on the phone, smoke or pick your nose and not get spotted. or any other illegal/unexcusable act.

Lets face it, with the cameras and police out to get us for any minor offense nowadays, I would personally drive with all of my curtains drawn if I could get away with it.

what are the advantages to the driver of pulling the side curtains forward pray tell me

ezydriver:
You can be on the phone, smoke or pick your nose and not get spotted. or any other illegal/unexcusable act.

Lets face it, with the cameras and police out to get us for any minor offense nowadays, I would personally drive with all of my curtains drawn if I could get away with it.

You could always get one of these.

This is a pet rant of mine. I was going to bring it up in “my observations” thread, but i was discouraged from bothering to post more there. :cry:

What exactly ARE they hiding from?

They are not the normal curtains as some posters seem to think they, these are fancy tasseled jobs made for purpose (at a cost!).
Usually pulled about 1/2 way forward at the top & restrained back at the bottom.

I think its damned dangerous practise, they severly restrict vision, of which there is never enough to start with.
Have they totally forgotten that when they were taught to drive a truck, they were taught the correct and safe way to drive? i.e. look around & down into the blind spot before moving off. Impossible to do with these stupid curtains.

Also, there are odd occasions when it is necessary to signal something to another driver when over taking. i.e. maybe he has flat tyre on the trailer. You can’t do it! Again, its a safety issue.

Rant over, off to give a driving lesson in a car.

Driveroneuk:
This is a pet rant of mine. I was going to bring it up in “my observations” thread, but i was discouraged from bothering to post more there. :cry:

What exactly ARE they hiding from?

They are not the normal curtains as some posters seem to think they, these are fancy tasseled jobs made for purpose (at a cost!).
Usually pulled about 1/2 way forward at the top & restrained back at the bottom.

I think its damned dangerous practise, they severly restrict vision, of which there is never enough to start with.
Have they totally forgotten that when they were taught to drive a truck, they were taught the correct and safe way to drive? i.e. look around & down into the blind spot before moving off. Impossible to do with these stupid curtains.

Also, there are odd occasions when it is necessary to signal something to another driver when over taking. i.e. maybe he has flat tyre on the trailer. You can’t do it! Again, its a safety issue.

Rant over, off to give a driving lesson in a car.

I’ve got to agree. How can you notice a car in your drivers side blindspot? We all know how cars roll into them on Motorways and then sit there for mile after mile in heavy traffic. :unamused: You need maximum visibility when driving ANYTHING, never mind a truck. :unamused:

Besides, looking out the window and watching the world change as you go along is one of the best things about wagon driving. If you sit behind closed curtains all day you need your head tested! :smiley:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
so i take it you are one of these curtain twitchers connor ?
so which bit of the post didnt you understand ?
and which bit of the post shows me up as the illiterate i am ?
yes you are right i have more to worry about than someone elses curtains , the price of diesel for my motor being the top one,the clowns in no 11 putting up road tax for my motor is another one
and i reckon by the response i am not the only one who has noticed the standard of driving decling rapidly in this country