Curtain siders with roll over sheets?

What are they used for? Are they just the same as a sliding roof? Used for coils? Are they just cheaper than a sliding roof?

Or am I miles away, do they have another purpose all together?

Chipliners ■■

do you mean a chipliner?

(google for an image)

Load through the roof, tip through the sides or use em like a regular taut :wink:

Maybe this is what I mean :s

The idea did cross my mind as they are like walking floors with the roll over sheet but didn’t think the curtain would hold the bulk of Chipping’s.

ibson:
Maybe this is what I mean :s

The idea did cross my mind as they are like walking floors with the roll over sheet but didn’t think the curtain would hold the bulk of Chipping’s.

They bulge a bit but have more straps than a normal taut and strengthened curtains :smiley:

Could you have a sliding roof on one of these? Or does it get in the way of the loading shovel?

And when being unloaded… Is it just pushed out by another shovel or telehandler?

I must say, they look kack handed with the mess and roof supports getting in the way all the time.

ibson:
Could you have a sliding roof on one of these? Or does it get in the way of the loading shovel?

And when being unloaded… Is it just pushed out by another shovel or telehandler?

I don’t imagine a sliding roof would work so well. The tracks would clog and any bulging would make them a sod to close.

Yes I think you are right. I will cant believe the curtains hold back all that weight and bulk!

Everytime I’ve seen one pulled forward there has always been the top of a forklift sticking out :slight_smile:

ibson:

some of the early ones did have sliding roofs, i had one when i was driving a bit for luxtons and combes in tiverton, but they were a real pain always had to brush out the channels once you loaded, if i remember rightly they had 32 buckels down each side and that was a pain!! but only use to do every other one up when not loaded with chips and doing multi drops, give me my walking floor anyday :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: