Curtain siders advice

hi,

just asking for abit of advice on curtain siders delivering pallet goods.

1: how do you go about strapping down the pallets to make them secure?
2: how do you open and close the curtains.

also if your truck is already loaded for you in the morning and you just collect the paper work before you set off. do you check to see were everything is so you know exactly were the pallet is when tipping?

thanks

chrisil:
hi,

just asking for abit of advice on curtain siders delivering pallet goods.

1: how do you go about strapping down the pallets to make them secure?
2: how do you open and close the curtains.

also if your truck is already loaded for you in the morning and you just collect the paper work before you set off. do you check to see were everything is so you know exactly were the pallet is when tipping?

thanks

To strap pallets you have two main options. Internal straps run along the roof and clip down to the sides, but that only stops sideways movement. Then you can throw a ratchet strap over the top, if you can strap it tightly it will stop forward movement and sideways. Can take a bit of getting used to but there are a few tutorials on youtube etc.

As for curtains, there are different designs. You can have two levers, one that releases and the other one tightens, when released you can lift up the pole on the end and slide the curtain along.

Another is a metal bar that needs to be pulled into placeand goes into a catch, to undo, pull forwards and let it drop then you can pull the pole out. Pull it back round and slot it back to make it tighten again.

Final one I can remember is a bar that slides through a hole directly underneath the pole. Slide it through to wherever is best and pull it, then flick the small lever and you’ll be able to undo it. To tighten it, pull the large bar and then push the small level back in when it’s tight enough, no ratchet there though.

On all curtain designs the pole sits on top of a small circular mould but for a small slot that runs across across it. The bottom of the curtain pole is the opposite, it’s hollow but has a bar across, so it slots in. On all types of tightening, you might need to move it a bit for it to fit. At the top, they go into a slot, can be a real pain if it’s cold, raining and not designed very well.

Oh, and you’ll want to undo the straps before undoing the curtain and then do them up again after putting it in place, if you don’t you might find you’ll have to undo them again to give it more play.

None of this is very helpful without pictures so it might not make a huge amount of sense, but it’s really not as complicated as it sounds.

As for checking goods in the morning, always open it up and have a look, you never know how it’s been loaded. They might not have strapped anything either, remember you’re responsible for your own load, if it comes out the curtains you are the only person responsible. If you’re going to throw anything over with a rolled up strap, make sure the metal clip isn’t on the inside or you could damage the pallet/roof/the person standing on the other side.

Hope this helps, I can get pictures if you still need answers come Tuesday.

Hi,

thanks for that message, really appreciate it, I have only been doing boxed work, delivering to stores etc. how everif you could send me some pictures I would be highly grateful.

I want to do pallet work but I am scared to do it through an agency that they will chuck me the keys and paper work and off I go.

chrisil:
Hi,

thanks for that message, really appreciate it, I have only been doing boxed work, delivering to stores etc. how everif you could send me some pictures I would be highly grateful.

I want to do pallet work but I am scared to do it through an agency that they will chuck me the keys and paper work and off I go.

you cant be for real , you can find your way here and ask a question but cant find this sort of thing …
youtube.com/watch?v=UDWuQk5nG_U