Curtain side trailers and Europe

Basic question, are UK type curtain side trailers ok to use in Europe, as opposed to Euroliners with the side boards and extra uprights ?

Yes !
Of course your load will need to be secured properly and the trailer will have to conform to height restrictions etc.

Thank’s for that Turnip, wasn’t sure, only used euroliners before.

The firm I work for will send the curtainsiders if the euroliners aren’t available but all the trailers are at 4mts.

I would rather a curtainsider, no sideboards and no sliding roof although in nearly a year ive only opened the roof once.

we run a few 4.2 m trailers across the water fixed roofs most are 4.0m euroliners tho

so why dont all the european hauliers use them then? I load in some places and the polskis are on the loadin bay for ages striping and then building them back up, sweating their little tities of they are aawwwww bless :stuck_out_tongue:

Nicholls have a 4.2mt trailer sat on the in Dunkirk that is now a 4mt. The hazards off low bridges in europe.

nicholls only realy do northern france so 4.2 no real prob .And our lot have had curtain siders refused for loading a few times in germany