Curtain side advise

Got a call from the agency today for a days work tomorrow in a curtain side 10 ton working for a builders merchants any idea of what sort of work it a be & some tips on driving said vehicle please

Probably pallets as its a curtain sider.

Might be home delivery of cement / sand bags.

Might be wood sections or fence panels.

Just think of all the home delivery stuff that doesn’t need a crane. Quite a few things come to mind.

I could be completely wrong but it’s as best guess as I can muster

Could be bathroom type items i.e. toilets for new housing estate.

10 ton is not gonna be very big though. By the time you’ve taken the truck construction into account you won’t have much payload left. My guess is it’ll be an uprated 7.5 tonner with 6 speed box.

Again just speculation. Could be wrong.

Not really any tips, just a baby wagon probably an iveco or DAF cf type size.

Curtains are simple enough that a monkey could use and drive with your eyes shut, easy as.

You’ll do alot of hand balling, you may have a tail gate if your lucky. My advice is to make sure you have a decent stanley knife, you’ll need it to cut bands and shrink wrap.

Jase73:
some tips on driving said vehicle please

■■? its a lorry what more do u need to know …
depends on the front to rear axel spreed on how the arse end swings

You need a Stanley knife and a measuring tape .Before leaving the yard get whoever loaded the wagon to explain what is where in conjunction with the paper work.You could use a felt tip or post it notes to identify each customers goods.The stuff could be all pallets or just on bearers.To operate the curtains ,undo the buckles and push up the pole then drag the curtain back.Drive with the curtains as tight as possible.

…its 11th Sept now!

How did it go? What did you drive? What was the load? How was your day? :open_mouth:

Tazbug

Didn’t go to bad nice easy job did 2 runs there was a lot of hand balling but still easier than my main job
I was driving a daf LF must of done a good job as they wanted me again just a pitty I couldn’t