Curtain Help Please

I have a DAF CF at the moment at the curtains are very thin and let quite a bit of light through and with the nights getting shorter its becoming a bit of a pain trying to get to sleep for me. I was wondering if you lot could point me to some websites that sell/make good quality curtains. It also has the window in the back of the cab so might need that one made. Not to fussed about the price tbh as I’ll have this truck for a good few years and want something that will last.

Thanks for your help.

8 legger:
I have a DAF CF at the moment at the curtains are very thin and let quite a bit of light through and with the nights getting shorter its becoming a bit of a pain trying to get to sleep for me. I was wondering if you lot could point me to some websites that sell/make good quality curtains. It also has the window in the back of the cab so might need that one made. Not to fussed about the price tbh as I’ll have this truck for a good few years and want something that will last.

Thanks for your help.

It is a DAF thing, they have always been careful about wasting material, but still much better than the white see through curtains they used to fit in the 70’s

But as an old employer told me, if the suns shining though the windows, you should be up anyway!

8 legger:

Thanks for your help.

Don,t forget the pelmet,you,ll need that :smiley: :smiley:

Take them down and get someone to sew liners on them.

Wheel Nut:
It is a DAF thing, they have always been careful about wasting material, but still much better than the white see through curtains they used to fit in the 70’s

But as an old employer told me, if the suns shining though the windows, you should be up anyway!

Can only do 15 hours a day, plus a bit of cleaning. :laughing:

bobbya:
Don,t forget the pelmet,you,ll need that :smiley: :smiley:

Not to fussed about a pelmet, I’d rather see where I am going.

bigvern1:

Simple fix not a bad idea.

i have a 85CF granted it is a 61reg but the curtains in it have a blackout lining already sewn on (all be it badly) but the cab is always dark when they are drawn

i had the same problem in my MAN, all i did was went to my local sewing shop, spent £20 on a load of material and sewed it to the back of the curtains, (well got my mum to) with a sewing machine

bigvern1:

+1. Did the same in my old xf. Bit of black material and a needle and thread/sewing machine=job done.