Curries european

has anyone had or know anyone who has had any dealings with these recently with regard to traction haulage

simon

not recently, but when i spoke to them a few years ago, the rates were absolute pants

IIRC, somewhere in the region of £1.10 per mile

heard they are currently paying around 75p a kilometre on a mileage run basis whether loaded or empty

simon

well, if that is the case, they have either upped their rate, or they are adding the fuel surcharge into it

75ppkm = 120ppm

is that average for traction only at the moment or still on the low side

simon

still on the low side

is there a fuel surcharge on that?

thats after surcharge base rate is 72p km

simon

turnbull2012:
is that average for traction only at the moment or still on the low side

Very much on the low side I would say. You would have to do an awful lot of lightly laden miles at 120p/mile to stand any chance at all of making any money.

Paul

it looks like a poor rate, but there are some that operate at £140 per mile, yet spend a lot of time sitting on bays, and getting very few miles in.
so you have to way up, do you want 2500+miles per week at £1.20?
or 1500 miles per week at £1.40?

limeyphil:
it looks like a poor rate, but there are some that operate at £140 per mile, yet spend a lot of time sitting on bays, and getting very few miles in.
so you have to way up, do you want 2500+miles per week at £1.20?
or 1500 miles per week at £1.40?

Well if you average 9mpg and assume fuel is 118ppl then 2500miles at 120ppm leaves you about £1500 after you have paid for your diesel and 1500@140ppm leaves you about £1200 after fuel.

I guess you then have to add up how much extra in tyres and wear and tear those 1000 miles are costing you (plus the extra effort involved driving all those extra miles) to decide if it’s worth the extra 300quid…

Paul

guess the bottom line is then it wont make me rich overnight but should cover my overheads and make me a few quid along the way and as i wont be sat behind the wheel myself as i can earn myself 750 a week pulling the levers in a digger monday to friday which will then give me extra capital to update or expand my haulage business so it looks worth the gamble although i have yet to make such that there are no hidden extra costs from curries before signing up

simon

turnbull2012:
guess the bottom line is then it wont make me rich overnight but should cover my overheads and make me a few quid along the way and as i wont be sat behind the wheel myself as i can earn myself 750 a week pulling the levers in a digger monday to friday which will then give me extra capital to update or expand my haulage business so it looks worth the gamble although i have yet to make such that there are no hidden extra costs from curries before signing up

simon

:grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: What a boy what a wally, you want to keep to reading the beno ,

globby 480:

turnbull2012:

simon

:grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: What a boy what a wally, you want to keep to reading the beno ,

+1!

and we wonder why we cant get the rates up :frowning:

decided against curries anyway going to hire a fridge trailer and go down another route that pays 1.55 mile

TRUST ME I KNOW plenty that are subbies for curries you will only make reasonable money if your on there full time :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

£1.55 pm this time next year you’ll be a millionaire.

kr79:

This time next year he will have broken even.

At best.

Fridge trailer is about £200 a week, needs red diesel to run and your mpg isn’t that great at 18 tonnes unladen.

Just saying.

Regards,
Nick

ncooper:

kr79:

This time next year he will have broken even.

At best.

Fridge trailer is about £200 a week, needs red diesel to run and your mpg isn’t that great at 18 tonnes unladen.

Just saying.

Regards,
Nick

don’t forget extra git insurance to cover perishable claims,also claims for late deliverys etc,fridge hire nearer £220/250,best of luck with that :unamused:

I can understand someone taking jobs like these on as an OD, just, but why buy a wagon and put a driver on it and then take a less than break even job on? Subsidising it by doing a better paying, non haulage, job?
Loads of people do it, and it certainly doesn’t help those that are actually trying to make a proper living at it. :imp: