Currently a bus driver about to start class 2 traing

Hi all just about to start class 2 traing hopefully class 1 also ASAP just wondering about cpc currently I’m a bus driver done my cpc with them got my card for that the question is will this just carry over for the lgv or do I have to do the case studies and the practical part ?

Also thinking of using enterprise lgv in manchester to do traing with has any one recently trained with these ?

Cheers james

Check your DQC. If it says “CE DE” then you’re sorted. But if it says “DE” then you will need Mods 2 and 4 for LGV.

There have been threads on here reference Enterprise. They normally go down the lines of disappointment because of different trainers each day but then followed by positive test results. It’s not my way of achieving results, but they seem to make it work.

Best suggestion is to have at least 2 assessment drives at different schools before making your choice. The only alternative is to book on rock solid recommendation.

This may be handy dft.gov.uk/fyn/lgv.php

All the best, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Thanks it’s not on my card so have todo it again

I’m not set on elgv just yet I don’t mind paying more to hopefully get it right first time
Got the theory on the 23rd hopefully will pass that then things can get moving properly

Does any one no if you can do class 2 1 week then straight to class 1 the week after every one I have spoken to seems to think you can but then some others say that you can’t I’m looking to get done ASAP really

Cheers

Jammyj21:
Thanks it’s not on my card so have todo it again

I’m not set on elgv just yet I don’t mind paying more to hopefully get it right first time
Got the theory on the 23rd hopefully will pass that then things can get moving properly

Does any one no if you can do class 2 1 week then straight to class 1 the week after every one I have spoken to seems to think you can but then some others say that you can’t I’m looking to get done ASAP really

Cheers

Hi

When you pass your cat. C u will need to send the licence off to DVLA or the examiner can do it for you. Your licence will come back with provisional C+E entitlement and then you can go for your C+E.

What year did you pass car test?

What year did you pass D?

What expiry date is on your DQC?

Did you do PCV initial dcpc mods 2 + 4?

Passed car test 2009
D test 2011
Yes did mod 2 & 4 for pcv aswell think cpc runs out 2016

Jammyj21:
Passed car test 2009
D test 2011
Yes did mod 2 & 4 for pcv aswell think cpc runs out 2016

Sounds about right so here goes with what will happen to the expiry date on your DQC once you pass initial LGV modules 2 and 4

Pass LGV mod 4 on say 10/10/2104 and you will get a new DQC issued with PCV expiry in 2016 and LGV in 2019
Complete all 35 periodic hours before the PCV 2016 expiry date and get a new DQC issued with both LGV & PCV expiry dated on 09/10/2024

PS - did you tick C on your D2 provisional form when you applied for PCV so that LGV medical is also covered?

You will need Mods 2 and 4 for LGV. Your trainer should sort this out for you.

All the best, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

No didn’t tick it had to do have medical again I thought I would drive buses a few more years than I actually will be doing but it’s time to move on now lol

Cheers for the help

Who you driving buses for mate? Im currently a bus driver just passed my class 2 just waiting for my frigging license! I did my test with enterprise they are good its just the fact that they do swap instructors but they told me they did this because I booked last minute. Let us know who you go with mate.

Working at first in duki mate can’t wait to get it done get out of this place don’t think it would really bother me having different instructors was like that doin my pcv lol

Im at First in Manchester mate its a shambles isnt it! I dread going to work each day worrying what some idiots going to do on the bus next lol if your not bothered about instructors then yeh its a decent place they recommended me 16 hours but i probably was ready after 12 go down and take an assessment drive its free just give em a call 1st!