Curains and wind

Hi folks,
Has anyone got any amazing tips for closing curtain siders in strong winds?
I had a right game today and in the end 2 warehouse lads came to help me, I was on a tight yard and couldn’t re-position away from the wind and for the 10/15 minutes I was trying there wasn’t one moment of calm for me to quickly get the pole in.
thanks in adavance :slight_smile:

matt18244:
for the 10/15 minutes I was trying there wasn’t one moment of calm for me to quickly get the pole in.

:open_mouth: just take your time :grimacing:

What? You were trying to conceal an Eastern European in the back of your truck?

No need mate. £6.50 p/h and a nice pair of flip flops is enough to get them here LEGALLY.

Struggle like everybody else

or even better, pull a fridge like me :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Turn the truck around, park it downwind so the wind closes it for you. Also never open both sides, only one at a time, so the closed side acts as a windbreak.

If you can’t turn it around, just loosely start doing up the buckles from the back forward undoing all the tension in the rear pole first so you can get the front pole in then tighten the rear pole back up and then the front pole, then start doing the buckles from the middle and work both ways.

Or as mentioned, get a fridge job.

No easy way, I’ve had same fun and games and its a nightmare !

No easy way but as mentioned buckle and work each way to get poles in as best you can. Even then you’ll have to tension when winds stops or you find somewhere shielded.

All the fun of the fair ! If you ever do find an easier way let me know !!

Try sheeting a load in this weather…then come back and moan about curtains…

FFS some people don’t know they’re born!

Sheeting is a piece of p!ss in the wind and rain, roll it on, roll it off, one rope at at a time.

Just like wheelnutt said, one side at a time. No, roping and sheeting ain’t a piece of ■■■■ in the wind and rain when you’ve gotta use three sheets.

wheelnutt:
Sheeting is a piece of p!ss in the wind and rain, roll it on, roll it off, one rope at at a time.

Try sheeting a load of hop pockets with 7 sheets then tell us it’s a piece of p!ss :unamused: :unamused:

Assuming you can’t move…

Do the side facing the direction of the wind first then you’re only struggling to do one side.

When I said one side at a time, I meant, only open one side at a time.

Watch your fingers too, get them caught and the strength of the wind, could see you loose a digit, makes you more careful in future.

D-ya not?:
Watch your fingers too, get them caught and the strength of the wind, could see you loose a digit, makes you more careful in future.

take off the wedding ring :grimacing:

D-ya not?:

+1 and always wear gloves

Get on the containers :grimacing:

peterm:
Just like wheelnutt said, one side at a time. No, roping and sheeting ain’t a piece of ■■■■ in the wind and rain when you’ve gotta use three sheets.

Harder if you are three sheets to the wind:)

DonutUK:
Try sheeting a load in this weather…then come back and moan about curtains…

FFS some people don’t know they’re born!

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

burnley-si…were u in Leigh Delamere e/b Sunday night, just pulling off the pumps at 23:10? Saw a motor very similar to yours

Learn how to duck quickly if the strong wind catches the curtain & it takes off flapping , dodge the pole, & even the side hooks can give you a he’ll of a clout to the head :open_mouth: