Cup of tea Drive?

How many times a week do you get offered a cuppa at delivery points?
Most of our clients allow drivers to make a drink in their rest room or canteen.One place,the secretary will offer and make a cuppa and she brings it out to me while unloading.Nice that.
At most big Rdc and Ndc sites,you see no drivers allowed in their canteen.
Why is that.?They lose revenue from visiting drivers.
Ir the staff have swipe cards and can not allow a driver to borrow their swipe card in the cafe.
Or they think we are all dirty tinkers that will infect their staff with diseases.

I only ever seem to get offered a culpa in the dirtiest grotiest places , the kind of places you wouldn’t want a dog drinking the water …

toby1234abc:
Why is that.?

They’d make a mess of it?

Drivers are well regarded for their ability to look after facilities laid on for them :unamused:

Only from those places that will expect you to unload without assistance, in spite of their own processes (and H&S directions/obligations) saying that they must assist, are insured to assist and are in “partnership” with me (or my employer).

The offer of a cuppa is usually the trigger to clear off and avoid helping and the cuppa rarely arrived. Always decline and take my travel mug with me when unloading now. :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

rob22888:

toby1234abc:
Why is that.?

Drivers are well regarded for their ability to look after facilities laid on for them :unamused:

The reason is once tipped they want that wagon off the bay they don’t want you sat in the canteen having a full English oblivious that your done.

bald bloke:

rob22888:

toby1234abc:
Why is that.?

The reason is once tipped they want that wagon off the bay they don’t want you sat in the canteen having a full English oblivious that your done.

I never understood that. These places where they keep you on the bay for four or five hours, then suddenly there’s a rush to get you gone.

Every day at almost every drop :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: see my username :smiley:
There are a couple that will even provide a lunch if I’m there at the right time.
Route planning rules OK

toby1234abc:
How many times a week do you get offered a cuppa at delivery points?

Never, don’t exactly offer the zb at the bottom of your shoe a cuppa do you…

Not often been asked, but I have often asked places myself if I can use their canteen for a brew. Never been told no & if you ask people if they want one whilst your in there you it’s a good way of building some rapport… Obviously this does not apply to RDCs & the miserable desk jockeys in them.

Don’t ask, don’t get :sunglasses:

Get offered a cuppa at some of our shops some bring it out or say you know where the staff room is help your self.
The manageress at chorley normally says “morning drive cuppa before you tip” shes gorgeous aswell so far be it to refuse lol.

The local family run bakeries I delivered to often made you tea and sometimes a cake or sarnie. Upmarket cafes especially in London I’m sure would lock their bins incase you helped yourself, and they weren’t even Jewish businesses.