Cumbria companies

more great photos added this site just gets better

here is a scale model of T BRADY AND SON FROM BARROW IN FURNESS LET US KNOW WHAT YOU THINK PLUS SOME MODEL TRUCKS 1.24 SCALE IN BRADYS

MORE TO COME

bubbleman:
anyone notice the Burneholme F86 LAO280L is the same one on page 1 in Fearons colours :unamused:

Well I certainly had not :unamused: :unamused: . Who owned it first.■■ Fearon,s.

Jamie, if that Brady,s Scale model is in your bedroom, you are seriously in need of help mate :laughing: :laughing:

Buycrider:

bubbleman:
anyone notice the Burneholme F86 LAO280L is the same one on page 1 in Fearons colours :unamused:

Well I certainly had not :unamused: :unamused: . Who owned it first.■■ Fearon,s.

H & ME Fearon bought the vehicle brand new, they mostly only bought brand new vehicles - Burnholme used to buy a lot of used vehicles from H & ME Fearon.

no not the bedroom a shed in the garden

I used to visit T Brady in the early 80’s at their old yard in Duke Street Barrow In Furness at the time they had 50 Scania 111’s, 8 Seddon Atkinson 400’s and 4 Daf 2600’s.

i have always loved to see there trucks and am always trying to get photos of this great fleet what did you think od the model have a look under sussex compaines i have one on TOMSETTS TRANSPORT AS WELL

I was only joking about the Bedroom Jamie. Heres some pics for the Shed wall. To say I.m sorry :laughing: :laughing: ( My Last 2 ESL Motors. before I retired in 1999)

Mont Blanc

The Bus Stop.Karlobag.Croatia.

Bosnia ( A bombed out village, near Tuzla)

Sangatte. Calais.Delivering booze from Burton on Trent. ( 1995. Before the illegals started to arrive)

Dortmunder Actien Brauerei.Dortmund. Loaded with DAB Booze for UK

jim i will scan the pic and put it on here for you give me a day or so

stravaiger:

georgeking:

JAMIE10:
DOES ANY ONE HAVE PHOTOS OF T BRADY OR BRADY DISTRIBUTION ARTHERSMITHS OR HEYSHAM TRANSPORT ALL PART OF THE BRADY GROUP

Also Hodgson Transport,

Could it be this one George? Courtsey Peter Davies…jim

removed

No they were Hodgeson Transport Services of West Brom

Hello,what a smashing yard Jamies got to play with,wish I had the time and patience to do that.More from me.

Sorry its only a few.

Cheers Bubbs. :wink:

This is a great thread - thanks to everone who’s posted.
Those are stunning photos stravaiger, all I need now is to get a copy of the dvd and hide it from the missus.
The photos of the old Stamper’s wagons rusting away were superb too - anyone able to put a date on that?
Or tell me the model name of the Atki rigid that Jim’s posted above?

macdangerous:
This is a great thread - thanks to everone who’s posted.
Those are stunning photos stravaiger, all I need now is to get a copy of the dvd and hide it from the missus.
The photos of the old Stamper’s wagons rusting away were superb too - anyone able to put a date on that?
Or tell me the model name of the Atki rigid that Jim’s posted above?

From memory, J G Stamper’s preserved Atki goes by the riveting title of L744HLW, which is a long wheelbase rigid, with a 7 ton payload, 4 wheels, and a 4 cylinder horizontal LW engine.

The G A Stamper fleet auction would have been about 5 years ago, I think.

stravaiger:
All excellent stuff you’ll agree. But how about these captured frames from “The story of Shap” to add a bit of
reallity. How it must have been then in the ■■■■■■■■ fells. I was only wee boy then. Still a wee boy :slight_smile:

removed

The video/Dvd is out there. Buy one while stocks last…jim. :wink:

Did you spot the signwriting on this “de-mobbed” BRS Steer? W & J Riding Ltd were its new owners, but they hadn’t yet had time to paint it into their smart, dark blue livery.

yungnad:
:smiley: hodoo marras, raided me stash of begged bought borrowed and some photos i actually took myself.

dont a lot about thisn of mcguffies, i bought it at carnforth truckstop, but its a good photo, an i think its its bewicks anyhow,

youngnad , in his post on Page 2,is correct about the McGuffie Guy Big J being a Bewick,s waggon.Bewicks took over John McGuffie from Grange-over-Sands.The lorry was usually parked at Keswick, and normally ran between Whitehaven and Lancashire.

t brady 1729 mercedes in heysham transport part of t brady group

G’day fellas.
I’ve found the article on the A1 over Shap Fell,it talks about the road twenty years ago,but this article is now 23 years young. I remember reading it as a young fella and thinking jease these blokes did it tough.I don’t know for sure,but you probably would’nt even drop a full cog going over on the six now with six hundred horse.

Cheers Jamie