Cumbria companies

Buzzer :laughing:

278937747_5094940530582752_6547220228008888989_n.jpg

Buzzer:

I was told this shot was taken at Keele M6 southbound a couple of years or so before I bought them out and both these ERF’s had been disposed of by the takeover ! The front one was written off in an accident in Bristol IIRC and was driven by Lenny Richards the one further back was driven by the late Alf Bellamy which was replaced by a new Sed Atk which they registered on the 22nd of December 1975 !!! This Sed Atk was the last new unit they bought prior to when I bought them out in June 1976. Both Alf and Lenny were great Lads who thrived on the manner in which Bewick Transport was managed and operated after been in the “doldrums” for years at K.Fell’s. For a couple of years prior to our buy out in '76 Bewick Transport became Fells second largest customer with all the back traffic we provided them with from mainly the London area. Thanks for the shot Buzzer ! Dennis.

Bewick:

Buzzer:

I was told this shot was taken at Keele M6 southbound a couple of years or so before I bought them out and both these ERF’s had been disposed of by the takeover ! The front one was written off in an accident in Bristol IIRC and was driven by Lenny Richards the one further back was driven by the late Alf Bellamy which was replaced by a new Sed Atk which they registered on the 22nd of December 1975 !!! This Sed Atk was the last new unit they bought prior to when I bought them out in June 1976. Both Alf and Lenny were great Lads who thrived on the manner in which Bewick Transport was managed and operated after been in the “doldrums” for years at K.Fell’s. For a couple of years prior to our buy out in '76 Bewick Transport became Fells second largest customer with all the back traffic we provided them with from mainly the London area. Thanks for the shot Buzzer ! Dennis.

Hiya,
Dennis I see Fells ERF/■■■■■■■ engined outfit is out in front.

harry_gill:

Bewick:

Buzzer:

Hiya,

One thing that would have suited you at Fells “H” is they never ran any foreign rubbish so that included Scania 80 things ! :smiley: :sunglasses: :wink: Hope you are keeping well mate !

But they did fit LEYLAND diesel tanks on ERFs :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Handy, those Leyland tanks with the gauge on them!

Bewick:

harry_gill:

Bewick:

Buzzer:

Hiya,

One thing that would have suited you at Fells “H” is they never ran any foreign rubbish so that included Scania 80 things ! :smiley: :sunglasses: :wink: Hope you are keeping well mate !

Hiya,
Sound as a pound Dennis, (Er’ I could live with the F88 Volvo) I hope everyone at your end is keeping well

Three months after I bought Fells out I put a couple of new F88’s into service so would this have done for you “H” loaded for Libbys Picketts Lock lane Edmonton ! Cheers Dennis. PS we are both OK thanks and I’m pleased to hear you are as well !

Bewick:
Three months after I bought Fells out I put a couple of new F88’s into service so would this have done for you “H” loaded for Libbys Picketts Lock lane Edmonton ! Cheers Dennis. PS we are both OK thanks and I’m pleased to hear you are as well !

Hiya,
That’ll do Dennis, my standard of R&S anall, 0h’ gorrowt back ?.

harry_gill:

Bewick:

Hiya,
That’ll do Dennis, my standard of R&S anall, 0h’ gorrowt back ?.

20ton of woodpulp from 44 berth Tilbury straight back to Milnthorpe ! :wink: :smiley:

P1070899.JPG
■■■■■■■ Charity Truck Show here I come !

Couple memory jerkers for you Dennis, Cheers JD

Hiya John how’s this weather suiting ? stopped the grass growing I guess ! This is a shot of the trailer behind the Mastiff on it’s first trip south to British Sisal Kraft at Strood in October 1970 loaded with 19 ton of bleached kraft to be printed up for ICI Perspex covering, great job A to B then B back to A a week later then finally after been slit down into smaller reels onward to ICI Hillhouse works at Thornton Cleveleys !!
That trailer coupled to the Mastiff was a 33ft trailer Yorks loaned as there was a delay in them supplying the two new trailers we had ordered !
The later shot of the Borderers and the Seddon was a shot I took at Lincoln Farm cafe at Stonebridge one Sunday morning changing over with two of our Gravesend based units.

great pic’s and history bewick… i can tell you for a fact lincoln farm parking is the same if not worse today… :unamused: :laughing:

m.a.n rules:
great pic’s and history bewick… i can tell you for a fact lincoln farm parking is the same if not worse today… :unamused: :laughing:

So I believe ! :wink:

Buzzer:

Love the Seddon wanting to be Atkinson, and just to think one day it would be the bigger one.

dave docwra:

Buzzer:

Love the Seddon wanting to be Atkinson, and just to think one day it would be the bigger one.

Badge engineering Dave ! :wink: But actually it had the same drive line as many of our Borderers, 220■■■■■■■ /Fuller RTO 610/Group Axle and it did us a great job during it’s time on the fleet first 18 months on double shift then into the paper mill contract fleet. It had a higher ratio diff so it could pick it’s feet up a bit and it was a nice smooth runner as I remember ! Cheers Dennis.

Geoff Bell’s 86.