Cumbria companies

Punchy Dan:
If only drivers would drive them :open_mouth: , I’d drive owt British ,( except those ghastly real Fodens ) :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

■■■■ and blast, my licence has recently expired. :frowning: Get yourself a decent Foden 4000 series, far better than that rebadged DAF thing you play around in! :wink:

Pete.

This “foray” by Ford into the heavy commercial market again has got to be some sort of a joke ! Both the D1000’s and the Transcons were not up to it ! So why are they are attempting to re enter a market that is well served with superior products ? Plus they are having to source all the components from other suppliers whereas to-days heavy commercial builders are what is termed “vertically integrated” i.e. They produce all their own components.
So it strikes me that Ford never will learn the lesson and they should just stick to building Transits in Turkey !! Cheers Bewick.

Bewick:
This “foray” by Ford into the heavy commercial market again has got to be some sort of a joke ! Both the D1000’s and the Transcons were not up to it

Hiya Dennis…not sure I agree with your opinions on Transcons ‘‘not being up to it’’.
As I recall it was just that they clashed , and did not fit in with the 32 tonne limits at that time, and were just too ■■■■ heavy…as I’m sure you already know.
Imo they were a ■■■■ fine truck,.a ■■■■■■■■ Rockwell,.Fuller combo matched up with the Berliet cab (which was more modern and driver friendly than any ERF,.Sed Atk, or Foden cab).what was not to like?
In other Euro countries with different weight regs they were the dog’s bits.

Then there was the Cargo, ok not everybody’s cup of tea, but ■■■■ good on fuel at the time. (If they were fitted with the L10 ■■■■■■■ that is)

Not trying to teach my Grandparents how to ■■■■ eggs either btw mate. :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

hodgeturbo:

Bewick:
Hey Hodge I was starting to think thoo’d fell in til’t trench and got backfilled but thoo’s popped up agin eh! so all’s OK Marra ! How’s that new motor performing then ? Cheers Dennis.

its just come out of the paint shop at Bothel be on the road in a couple of weeks

Ready for Monday morning

hodgeturbo:

hodgeturbo:

Bewick:
Hey Hodge I was starting to think thoo’d fell in til’t trench and got backfilled but thoo’s popped up agin eh! so all’s OK Marra ! How’s that new motor performing then ? Cheers Dennis.

its just come out of the paint shop at Bothel be on the road in a couple of weeks

Ready for Monday morning

Very tidy Paul ! whos driving it ?

robroy:

Bewick:
This “foray” by Ford into the heavy commercial market again has got to be some sort of a joke ! Both the D1000’s and the Transcons were not up to it

Hiya Dennis…not sure I agree with your opinions on Transcons ‘‘not being up to it’’.
As I recall it was just that they clashed , and did not fit in with the 32 tonne limits at that time, and were just too ■■■■ heavy…as I’m sure you already know.
Imo they were a ■■■■ fine truck,.a ■■■■■■■■ Rockwell,.Fuller combo matched up with the Berliet cab (which was more modern and driver friendly than any ERF,.Sed Atk, or Foden cab).what was not to like?
In other Euro countries with different weight regs they were the dog’s bits.

Then there was the Cargo, ok not everybody’s cup of tea, but ■■■■ good on fuel at the time. (If they were fitted with the L10 ■■■■■■■ that is)

Not trying to teach my Grandparents how to ■■■■ eggs either btw mate. :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

I hear what you say RR but as far as I was concerned the Transcon ranked with the IVECO which is if you removed the drive trains you were just left with a heap of crap that rotted in no time ! Whatever accolades were directed at the Ford Transcon it never got off the ground with serious Operators and I seem to remember adverts that included giving away a Ford van with every Transcon purchased ! Now that must be desperation or what ? Cheers Dennis.

Bewick:

hodgeturbo:

hodgeturbo:

Bewick:

Ready for Monday morning

Very tidy Paul ! whos driving it ?

One of the lads are getting it I’ll stick with my old 05 for now

Mebe an 05 is all thoo’s fit wid Hodge eh! Cheers Dennis.

Colin parkers volvo

Ian ridleys Scania next to mv baker of Southampton ford transcontinental this picture was taken back in 2008

Harry Thompson’s Sed Atk Derwent ■■ on the A1 ( not my photo but have permission to share)

Bewick:

Great photo

Great Shot of Harry Thompson’s 111 Derwent Prince "Just Passin Thru " ( NMP )

Derwent Prince (nmp c Ian Holliday )

Dennis I reckon this photo was taken at Belle Vue, Cockermouth where HT lived at the time, I remeber going to see this Marshall at a time when I was contemplating buying one but decided on an ERF in the end, however this is exactly how I recall seeing this wagon parked beside HT’s house.
Cherrs, Leyland 600

Leyland600:
Dennis I reckon this photo was taken at Belle Vue, Cockermouth where HT lived at the time, I remeber going to see this Marshall at a time when I was contemplating buying one but decided on an ERF in the end, however this is exactly how I recall seeing this wagon parked beside HT’s house.
Cherrs, Leyland 600

Aye Gerald I bet you are glad you chose the ERF and not an AEC no comparison I guess ! I’m don’t know how the Marshal did for HT as I sort of lost touch with him at that time for a while :wink: Cheers Dennis.

Can anybody tell me when that slideshow and talk about old ■■■■■■■■ firms and trucks at Fletchertown is usually on,… and when the next one is?
Just got back in contact with an old mate of mine who is retired, and I’m sure he’d be interested in seeing the next one.
Cheers.

Hi Roy it usually takes place in mid September in Fletchertown Village Hall, Tom Hamilton is a the organiser and the show presented by Nigel Scaife from Settle. Usually well supported and a very well presented show…
Cheers, Leyland 600