Cumbria companies

I was going to ask for a curtainsider as well Uncle Den!

pete smith:
I was going to ask for a curtainsider as well Uncle Den!

We only run Boalloy Tautliners Pete, no “Curtainsiders”, but plenty of flats eh! :open_mouth: :wink: Cheers Dennis.

A bit o’ nostalgia for Bewick fans, with fitting music, may well have been posted before, but hey I’ve watched it a couple times since coming across it the other day.
dailymotion.com/video/x352cpp
dailymotion.com/video/x3axo9 … shortfilms
Oily

pete smith:

Mike Ponsonby:
yes that’s right pete do you think we will get many driver applicants

pete smith:

Mike Ponsonby:
bewick is back

Hi Mike,
So the Scanias are going and being replaced by Atki Borderers, ERF’s and Sed Aki’s and then in a few years series 2 Scanias! :wink:

Sign me up mate for an Atki but put my name on the first Scania 112!

Hiya,
If there’s only a Scania 80 with my name on it I’ll be phoning in a sickie.
thanks harry, long retired.

Nice to see you back among us harry , hope you are in good health and that mrs gill is responding to her treatment . All the very best to both of you for xmas and a better new year . Dave

rigsby:
Nice to see you back among us harry , hope you are in good health and that mrs gill is responding to her treatment . All the very best to both of you for xmas and a better new year . Dave

I’ll second that Dave, all the best Harry to Mrs Gill and yourself and to show its the season of goodwill I’ll suffer the Scania 80!! Best Regards Pete

Just before I climb into my pit I will wish both “H” and Larry and their respective families a Happy Christmas and All the best for the New year ! Cheers Dennis.

Bewick:
Just before I climb into my pit I will wish both “H” and Larry and their respective families a Happy Christmas and All the best for the New year ! Cheers Dennis.

Thank you Dennis, & I wish you & yours the same good wishes my friend, Im just relaxing from a lovely xmas dinner, Having a few nips of from my Malt stash,& enjoying a duty free King Addie cigar, Regards Larry.

Bewick:

Hiya,
Thanks everybody for your kind thoughts, the Missus had her final chemo on Dec
the 23rd and will be receiving quite intensive radio therapy in the new year, so
it has been a quiet but pleasant Christmas for us this year, the chemo leaves my
Missus very tired so we won’t be getting out very much, Just grateful I’ve gotten
a relief driver for the 80 I don’t want the new Bewick Empire grinding to a halt
before the first trailer gets roped and sheeted “properly” I hasten to add, all the
best everybody, and a spot of good luck to “trucknetters” everywhere in 2017.
thanks harry, long retired.

Best wishes to you Harry.

The last couple of years on here, revisiting old times, has been great. Thanks to you all.

Hope the coming year holds good things too!

John

Handy concrete fleet parked up over Xmas there are a few others not in the picture

Ken Murphy,Maryport

i can remember that being in the went dearham hodge , he sold that and bought a tipper running coal out the opencast . I don’t know what he did later though.

hodgeturbo:
Ken Murphy,Maryport

Happy New Year Paul ! I hope all the fleet is back at work ! Would that be a Ken Graham supplied shot by any chance ? How long was that flat ? 28Ft ? Cheers Dennis.

Bewick:

hodgeturbo:
Ken Murphy,Maryport

Happy New Year Paul ! I hope all the fleet is back at work ! Would that be a Ken Graham supplied shot by any chance ? How long was that flat ? 28Ft ? Cheers Dennis.

Happy New Year to you too Dennis the pic was taken behind Graham’s.Yes we’re back into gear hope it’s going to be a busy year seems plenty of jobs starting and the Big Pipeline starts soon Thirlmere to Cockermouth Cockermouth to Cleator Moor and Cockermouth to Quarry Hill

hodgeturbo:

Bewick:

hodgeturbo:
Ken Murphy,Maryport

Happy New Year to you too Dennis the pic was taken behind Graham’s.Yes we’re back into gear hope it’s going to be a busy year seems plenty of jobs starting and the Big Pipeline starts soon Thirlmere to Cockermouth Cockermouth to Cleator Moor and Cockermouth to Quarry Hill

So come on Hodge which length of pipe track have you got the contract for ? easiest bit I bet ! Aye it sounds like your gonna be busy and not too far from yam Eh! Which Quarry will be supplying all the stone etc. ? Best of Luck anyway, Cheers Dennis.

Bewick:

hodgeturbo:

Bewick:

hodgeturbo:
Ken Murphy,Maryport

So come on Hodge which length of pipe track have you got the contract for ? easiest bit I bet ! Aye it sounds like your gonna be busy and not too far from yam Eh! Which Quarry will be supplying all the stone etc. ? Best of Luck anyway, Cheers Dennis.

Farrans an Irish firm have got the job Dennis,not sure what’s going to happen

What ever happened to using a local firm ! are they from NI or the South , you’ll have to watch those Boys Paul ! but they will hev to git up gay early to put yan ower on a Marra eh! Cheers Dennis.

Belated best wishes to you both Harry, go forward one day at at time from now on each getting better.
Cheers Leyland 600.

Bewick:
What ever happened to using a local firm ! are they from NI or the South , you’ll have to watch those Boys Paul ! but they will hev to git up gay early to put yan ower on a Marra eh! Cheers Dennis.

Just looked them up there from the north owned by CRH a large cement firm that now own Tarmac