Cullingworth haulage

This name came up last week in the yorkshire post. I think they had a yard in harehills in leeds. But I’m not sure .does anyone remember them. I grew up in harehills in them days every type of truck and company traveled up and down the a58 right passed our street, I think that’s where I got my interest in the haulage. Business

i worked for cullingworths for a very short time in 1968 at the time we only had 4 and 6 wheel albion tippers. just before i left, they bought a brand new yellow seddon artic with a van trailer to go on elida gibbs work the yard was behind the v o s a offfice lying between lupton avenue and the small road leading between lupton avenue and harehills lane at the side of the garage the transport manager was a midget [not joking] called harry…hope this is of some help

Thanks Harry h. I know where you mean like I said I grew up in harehills ,I remember seeing there wagons about but I couldnt remember were the yard was. Its taken 18 months to get an answer but we got there in the end cheers

:laughing:

gerard:
Thanks Harry h. I know where you mean like I said I grew up in harehills ,I remember seeing there wagons about but I couldnt remember were the yard was. Its taken 18 months to get an answer but we got there in the end cheers

HI AGAIN----------SORRY IT TOOK SO LONG FOR YOU TO GET THE INFORMATION,BUT IVE ONLY BEEN A MEMBER FOR A SHORT TIME. IV,E NOTHING BETTER TO DO NOW AFTER 46 YEARS H G V DRIVING,HENCE THE SPOTTING OF YOUR QUERY ON HERE.----------REGARDS HARRY H.

harry h:
:lol:

gerard:

HI AGAIN----------SORRY IT TOOK SO LONG FOR YOU TO GET THE INFORMATION,BUT IVE ONLY BEEN A MEMBER FOR A SHORT TIME. IV,E NOTHING BETTER TO DO NOW AFTER 46 YEARS H G V DRIVING,HENCE THE SPOTTING OF YOUR QUERY ON HERE.----------REGARDS HARRY H.

harry h
was the company J.A CULLINGWORTH red albion tippers on coal??, I am a retired truck driver have lived in leeds all my life,are you a leeds lad?
regards
sm1

Snowman the ones I remember where black with white lettering on the side. I’m not in the transport industry but I think they where in the coal business. I’m from Leeds myself I grew up in harhills like I said we lived beside roundhay road.in them days every type of truck passed up and down the A58 heading north for the A1 or South for the M1 or M62

snowman1:

harry h:

gerard:

harry h
was the company J.A CULLINGWORTH red albion tippers on coal??, I am a retired truck driver have lived in leeds all my life,are you a leeds lad?
regards
sm1

snowman1:

harry h:

gerard:

harry h
regards
sm1

sm1 yeh bang on with that, i,ve worked for wards,clarksons,holdens,yardleys,longs,to name some,–leeds lifer regards