Culina market Drayton

Hey guys just had a call off culina offering me a interview at culina site in market Drayton does anyone know anything about the job ■■ Workload pay hours etc , I hear market Drayton is slightly beter site to work from not sure why ■■ Anything would be good recently had 2 interviews with sj bargh and pointons herd nothing yet so hopefully 3rd time lucky or knowing my luck I will get offered them all at same time u watch just my luck haha I obviously prob pick wrong job lol

Cheers lads

I work out of Stafford but not a lot of difference in money/hours.
Looking at 28k salaried m/d pay £18.50 night out Stafford £20.
Stafford pay £115 for extra shift m/d pay hourly rate.
£2 a day meal allowance.

Hours are anything from 9 to 15 but its not hard work, lots of waiting around.

Sounds good to me pal thanks for that :slight_smile:

Have you tried Grocontinental at Whitchurch Stoketrucker if your looking for a job. Don’t know a lot about them but they seem to keep there drivers.

Wouldie:
Have you tried Grocontinental at Whitchurch Stoketrucker if your looking for a job. Don’t know a lot about them but they seem to keep there drivers.

I spoke to one chap while back, he says they do stay 100% legal and pay decent, he mentioned Sun - Thur if I remember correctly and said you get treated as a family member rather a number…

Drivers are good there too, ok bunch.

Thanks guys defo look into it after I here off ones I’ve applied for, do culina do shift patterns weekends etc

I was loading in Culina Market Drayton once and followed the sign for Culina at the junction of the A53 and the Newcastle Road and got stuck in the centre beside a lovely old hotel, English Heritage too :smiley: Didn’t know there was a bypass. :blush: :laughing:

If you’re looking for work like culina and grocontinental, give Edwards transport in market Drayton a bell too. I think they do a lot of work for culina and run a nice fleet. They even keep a mint old Scania 143 on the road :smiley:

Stoketrucker:
Hey guys just had a call off culina offering me a interview at culina site in market Drayton does anyone know anything about the job ■■ Workload pay hours etc , I hear market Drayton is slightly beter site to work from not sure why ■■ Anything would be good recently had 2 interviews with sj bargh and pointons herd nothing yet so hopefully 3rd time lucky or knowing my luck I will get offered them all at same time u watch just my luck haha I obviously prob pick wrong job lol

Cheers lads

I work for Culina out of Avonmouth and all the depots are slightly different. First of all kit is regularly updated and it’s all fridge work and they got plenty on. Not sure about their shifts but most of us work 5 on 3 off and days range from 8 to 15 but very rare i even go over 13.
Money will be at the very least 28,000 for a 48 hr week. It’ll be mainly Rdc work with some smaller catering suppliers chucked in and collections too.
There will be nights out but not too many and it’s a 24/7 operation with start times day and night. I myself prefer 05.00 ish but they’ll probably ask you what you prefer.

HTH.

Stoketrucker:
Thanks guys defo look into it after I here off ones I’ve applied for, do culina do shift patterns weekends etc

Don’t know about Drayton shifts, we have all sorts at Stafford, 5 on 3 off or mon-fri or the shift I do tuesday-saturday. Days or nights.

I didn’t see it but apparently Edwards and Dale brothers are advertising.

boneheadinthecorner:
£2 a day meal allowance.

15 hours for £115 is ZB!!!

Take off tax and ni and you would be lucky if it worked out at £6.50 an hour…

trubster:

boneheadinthecorner:
£2 a day meal allowance.

That’s why I have only done three in the 8 months I have been there, but in fairness they were only 8/9 hour days so not too bad.

I worked at MD , was a great job, wish I hadn’t left tbh, but if you do they very difficult to get back.
Anybody know what Edwards or dale pay etc and if they want trampers!

trubster:

Yes but it probably wouldn’t be a 15 hr day it might be an 8 hr day which works out at over £14 per hr at least the drivers can go in on o/t and know they’re getting a guaranteed amount rather than maybe a quick run somewhere and only getting 6 hrs o/t maybe.

bald bloke:

trubster:

Yes but it probably wouldn’t be a 15 hr day it might be an 8 hr day which works out at over £14 per hr at least the drivers can go in on o/t and know they’re getting a guaranteed amount rather than maybe a quick run somewhere and only getting 6 hrs o/t maybe.

Surely it would be a minimum 8 hours on hourly rate?

I wouldnt get out of bed for any less than 8 hours pay - even running in if required.

Even £14 ph is crapola on O/T… I get £15.38 OT or sat and £20.50 on sunday, as you can probably guess, I wouldnt be workng for a job rate any time soon

So I went to interview , passed assessment then went have a small interview with a woman, anyways they offering 12 til 12 sun to thur rotating to days to nights I was like wtf those I stupid hours, they ain’t days or nights and possibly worse than noons shifts I arnt ready to give away my soul just yet lol I don’t think I got the job lmao

Stoketrucker:
So I went to interview , passed assessment then went have a small interview with a woman, anyways they offering 12 til 12 sun to thur rotating to days to nights I was like wtf those I stupid hours, they ain’t days or nights and possibly worse than noons shifts I arnt ready to give away my soul just yet lol I don’t think I got the job lmao

As in most jobs your not going to start off with the cream of the shifts are you :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: ,there’s most probably been drivers who’ve been there for years who have there name down to go on the mon-fri, 4 am shifts ,why should culina offer you that as a starting shift when they’ve got drivers with x amount of years service who want that shift,you’ll just have to do what every one else does bide your time till its your turn to get the cream of the shifts.does my head in how drivers walk through the door and two mins later there demanding xyz at the detriment of those who have years of good service in for that company, :unamused: :unamused: .

dozy:

Stoketrucker:

As in most jobs your not going to start off with the cream of the shifts are you :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: ,there’s most probably been drivers who’ve been there for years who have there name down to go on the mon-fri, 4 am shifts ,why should culina offer you that as a starting shift when they’ve got drivers with x amount of years service who want that shift,you’ll just have to do what every one else does bide your time till its your turn to get the cream of the shifts.does my head in how drivers walk through the door and two mins later there demanding xyz at the detriment of those who have years of good service in for that company, :unamused: :unamused: .

Why shouldn’t a new driver expect parity with the old hands? Why should he/she expect crap because they’re a new starter?

If more drivers walked away from ridiculous jobs with ridiculous shifts/pay/conditions then just maybe we wouldn’t be talked to and treat like excrement.

the maoster:
Why shouldn’t a new driver expect parity with the old hands? Why should he/she expect crap because they’re a new starter?

If more drivers walked away from ridiculous jobs with ridiculous shifts/pay/conditions then just maybe we wouldn’t be talked to and treat like excrement.

Blue eyed boys shifts really ■■■■■■ me off. Our place has a roster which we all cycle through no matter who you are.

Stoketrucker:

Yes i’ve done a handful of those shifts they’re not good but in time things will change as they have drivers starting all hours you just need to bide your time.