Culina Avonmouth

Culina in Avonmouth advertise for class 1 frequently

I apply in equal frequency

I hear NOTHING

I have had my licence for nearly a year and with 57 hours Agency driving experience in class 1. In frozen / refridgerated trunking work no less…

What’s the deal with these lot?

*I applied last July (passed test in June) with NO experience and NO hours logged and they wanted to get me in for an assessment. This time I have heard nothing. This is before, during and (I wish I could say post) COVID-19 times

No one stays that long in there. With the amount of work in that area some jump ship very often. I think they are too strict. Proper company people only fit in.

WheelsofCardiff:
No one stays that long in there. With the amount of work in that area some jump ship very often. I think they are too strict. Proper company people only fit in.

I’d like to think I tick those boxes

I’m new but I like to do things by the book

Even if it’s just for 6 months experience I’d put up with it if it was a ballache

Plenty of jobs after today’s announcement

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WheelsofCardiff:

Not really, I work there now and as long as you get on with the job then they leave alone…

I had nearly 7 yrs there and they are ok as long as you go quietly about your work and keep your head below the radar you’re left alone but they definitely are ■■■■ which does put a lot of folks off.

DAF95XF:

WheelsofCardiff:

Not really, I work there now and as long as you get on with the job then they leave alone…

Loaded out of there a few weeks back, ahead of me in the office was one of their own drivers chatting to the girl behind the counter, he was a couple of weeks from the end of his probation and when asked by the girl how it was going he replied I’m already looking elsewhere, don’t blame you was her reply. Definatly a company that when you go there to tip or load seems to just ■■■■ all the life out of you and Avonmouth is one of the better sites, if heading to Milton Keynes then you need at least 6 hours left on your card if you want to get in and out in the same shift.

Thanks for the replies

I personally think this company will be right up my street, I just wish they’d get back to me!

Thejpmshow:
Thanks for the replies

I personally think this company will be right up my street, I just wish they’d get back to me!

Give them a call and explain the situation perhaps, nothing ventured etc etc …

Thejpmshow:
Thanks for the replies

I made it too interview stage, all booked up then covid cropped up.

Was told yep we’ll rearrange a new date, chased em for days to be told, yep yep hang tight we’re on it…
I’m sure you’ll work the rest out [emoji38]

Shame, nice kit, promised new passes will be given the knowledge needed with the only real snags being one whole weekend off in so many weeks, and a very strange window for daily start times, but meh I was up for the challenge, ‘WAS’ being the operative word now.

Good luck though chap [emoji106]

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Benjie83:

Thejpmshow:
Thanks for the replies

Was told yep we’ll rearrange a new date, chased em for days to be told, yep yep hang tight we’re on it…

Shame, nice kit, promised new passes will be given the knowledge needed with the only real snags being one whole weekend off in so many weeks, and a very strange window for daily start times, but meh I was up for the challenge, ‘WAS’ being the operative word now.

Pain in the ■■■ aren’t they

At least you got that far, have heard bugger all. Email, online form, agency application, text on back of trailers, tried them all, heard naff all.

I will have to be brave and give them a call…

Thejpmshow:

Benjie83:

Thejpmshow:
Thanks for the replies

At least you got that far, have heard bugger all. Email, online form, agency application, text on back of trailers, tried them all, heard naff all.

This was right on the nose of the pandemic.

Sadly being corporate buildings you’ve no real way in either.
Get to the local depot if you can and have an ask, if not, well don’t give in, if you see a driver ask them if they’d be so kind as to maybe give you a number on the hush, there are still some brilliant blokes about who will, worth a chance.

Give their actual registered HQ address a call/visit if possible, ask to speak to the head of recruitment, failing that, transport, failing that, operations, failing that media relations…

Once through too someone, wage war [emoji16]

I personally feel maybe they were just having a cautionary file a few exercise at my time of application as at the time mergers were being planned so probably thought best have a few in reserve just incase.

Its crap to think of firms doing so but we know they do, I’ve been a victim of it BUT it’s come good a few times as well so you never know…

Again good luck though chap [emoji41]

This sort of treatment is nothing new, ove 40 years ago I applied for a job at ITT the television manufacturer. Interview fine then a long long nothing until finally offered the job. A short while after I started I found out that someone else had started couldn’t get on with my boss anf left. A few years later I applied for ‘promotion’ when someone left in the same office and I had been covering the job for a couple of months. When I came back off holiday I was told the job was mine. A few weeks later I leaned that one of the drivers had been started officially in the job while I was away but preferred his old job and gone back to it.

It’s always nice to know you are valued, but on the other hand you know exactly how to treat them.

Benjie83:

Thejpmshow:

Benjie83:

Thejpmshow:
Thanks for the replies

This was right on the nose of the pandemic.

Sadly being corporate buildings you’ve no real way in either.
Get to the local depot if you can and have an ask, if not, well don’t give in, if you see a driver ask them if they’d be so kind as to maybe give you a number on the hush, there are still some brilliant blokes about who will, worth a chance.

Give their actual registered HQ address a call/visit if possible, ask to speak to the head of recruitment, failing that, transport, failing that, operations, failing that media relations…

Once through too someone, wage war [emoji16]

I personally feel maybe they were just having a cautionary file a few exercise at my time of application as at the time mergers were being planned so probably thought best have a few in reserve just incase.

Its crap to think of firms doing so but we know they do, I’ve been a victim of it BUT it’s come good a few times as well so you never know…

Again good luck though chap [emoji41]

I have actually got the number and someone to ask for from a former driver of there’s. I think of it as a last resort.

I keep saying I’ll do it Monday…:

Why focus your efforts on one employer, Avonmouth is a Mecca for drivers.

Asda
Tesco
Royal Mail
Farmfoods
The range
Downhill

To name but a few.

Just applied to Farm Foods. For at least the 3rd time.

Thejpmshow:

We (Asda) were looking but not too sure what the current situation is at the moment but maybe worth a look.

bald bloke:

Thejpmshow:

We (Asda) were looking but not too sure what the current situation is at the moment but maybe worth a look.

Thank you I’ll take a look

You say you’ve applied be email .
You need to go via the indeed website at the Bristol depot.
Unless your prepared to do occasional nights out then I wouldn’t bother.
B B . We now have a New TM.
We had a few apply, booked for assessment etc and they didn’t show.
We’ve had people turn up No boots gloves hi-viz just trainers and cas clothing.

If you get to an assessment.
Safety boot hi-viz and gloves please. And of course all your cards or certificate’s
We’ve had a few newbies recently .
As it’s been said head down keep yourself infringement free by the book 100%
And you’d be fine.

nick2008:
You say you’ve applied be email .
You need to go via the indeed website at the Bristol depot.
Unless your prepared to do occasional nights out then I wouldn’t bother.
B B . We now have a New TM.
We had a few apply, booked for assessment etc and they didn’t show.
We’ve had people turn up No boots gloves hi-viz just trainers and cas clothing.

If you get to an assessment.
Safety boot hi-viz and gloves please. And of course all your cards or certificate’s
We’ve had a few newbies recently .
As it’s been said head down keep yourself infringement free by the book 100%
And you’d be fine.

I’ve applied by all methods available