Culina assessment

Got one next Tuesday at Avonmouth

Been trying since getting my class 1 last June.

Finally might be on to a winner this time…

Good luck…

Mirrors, mirrors and more mirrors.

Smile.

Offer cash if you’ve ■■■■■■ up really badly.

Thejpmshow:

Used to be about a 40 minute drive on various roads with a blind side and good side reverse onto a bay followed by some Highway Code questions, show a good attitude stick to all speed limits and you’ll be fine. Interview will probably be after assessment. Culina are a very ■■■■ company to work for but if you’re good at staying under the radar you’ll be fine.

Ta

Yes they are by the book and I believe that would suit me

Thejpmshow:
Ta

I had nearly 7yrs there and enjoyed it but they do have some mirrorless trucks now, when doing your blindside remember you can get out for a look as it’s all about making that assessor feel safe.

bald bloke:

Thejpmshow:
Ta

I had nearly 7yrs there and enjoyed it but they do have some mirrorless trucks now, when doing your blindside remember you can get out for a look as it’s all about making that assessor feel safe.

Definitely, that’s good to hear

I’m guessing it’s a lot of RDC to RDC work, supplier collections etc?

I enjoy my current job (Farmfoods) but it’s doing my neck / shoulders in - even with powered pallet truck

Culina is about the same money basic but less days so that’s a winner for me. Plus nights out plus OT rate, I’ve heard over 50 hours… or is it per day hours?

Cheers

Thejpmshow:

bald bloke:

Thejpmshow:
Ta

Definitely, that’s good to hear

I’m guessing it’s a lot of RDC to RDC work, supplier collections etc?

I enjoy my current job (Farmfoods) but it’s doing my neck / shoulders in - even with powered pallet truck

Culina is about the same money basic but less days so that’s a winner for me. Plus nights out plus OT rate, I’ve heard over 50 hours… or is it per day hours?

Cheers

I’ve just left Culina at Avonmouth :wink:
It’s a salaried job…
It is DC to DC and the collections are usually for Avonmouth sometimes a direct delivery, hope you like swapping trailers up to 4 times a dayn :wink:
As baldbloke says keep your head down and you’ll be fine :wink:

bald bloke:

Thejpmshow:
Ta

Some mirroless :laughing:
They maybe dropping merc as they’ve had so many complaints about the mirrorcams company wide that Volvo maybe the next new trucks at Avonmouth…

DAF95XF:

bald bloke:

Thejpmshow:
Ta

Some mirroless :lol:
They maybe dropping merc as they’ve had so many complaints about the mirrorcams company wide that Volvo maybe the next new trucks at Avonmouth…

my regular truck is a mirror less one

You soon get used to them

But I would rather have a Volvo

Its a Highway Code test first then reverse onto a bay.A blind side reverse .You will do the on road driving last.Good luck.I did mine and could not take the job.

WheelsofCardiff:
Its a Highway Code test first then reverse onto a bay.A blind side reverse .You will do the on road driving last.Good luck.I did mine and could not take the job.

Thank you

Just done a mock Highway Code test and scored 94%. I think I would have got 100% but my thumb pressed the one below what I meant so that was wrong LOL

I look forward to it and will practice blindsides, as said previously nothing wrong with getting out and having a look if in doubt…

If you get the job , expect a lot of faffing around at Framptons food and drink factory in Shepton Mallet , not to be confused with Framptons transport ltd which is a different company and bought out by Gregory’s .

Tarmaceater:
If you get the job , expect a lot of faffing around at Framptons food and drink factory in Shepton Mallet , not to be confused with Framptons transport ltd which is a different company and bought out by Gregory’s .

Any haulage company at a factory results in some degree of faffing lol

Thejpmshow:

How did it go ? Did you have Karl take you out ?

bald bloke:

Thejpmshow:

Was good ta. Yes was Karl. Struggled a bit to adjust to the conventional mirrors and tri axles unit and trailer, he said I was safe but could do with a few days tuition. I gladly accepted that.

Spoke with Jonathan and I’m keen - just got plenty to discuss with the boss at home. It’s the same money for less days and less or no actual manual stuff. They had 9-12 start times which for me is a bit late but I was told could switch to another one if it’s a available.

Same amount as money for less days… but salaried…

Now to think

Thejpmshow:

bald bloke:

Thejpmshow:

Was good ta. Yes was Karl. Struggled a bit to adjust to the conventional mirrors and tri axles unit and trailer, he said I was safe but could do with a few days tuition. I gladly accepted that.

Spoke with Jonathan and I’m keen - just got plenty to discuss with the boss at home. It’s the same money for less days and less or no actual manual stuff. They had 9-12 start times which for me is a bit late but I was told could switch to another one if it’s a available.

Now to think[/quote
Congratulations, if you want extra shifts (overtime) I always found whatever you want you got.

bald bloke:

Thejpmshow:

bald bloke:

Thejpmshow:

Now to think
[/quote
Congratulations, if you want extra shifts (overtime) I always found whatever you want you got.

Grand ta