Cruising speed

Captain Caveman 76:

Dipper_Dave:
I find keeping my speed well below 10mph is best to allow the ladies to approach my vehicle as they will be aware I’m a potential customer.
No bloody wonder you lot don’t get any action.

I find going OVER 10mph dissuades them from jumping out!

:slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Used to be 100kph on the flatlands when on the agg but down to 30kph when on the Miami -deerwood climb onto the escarpement. Now 80kph when pulling the oversize camp trailers.

A legal 93kph, although the speedo shows 90kph.

Our workshop has found a way of setting the speed limiter to 90kph while the vehicle runs at 93kph. We have a DVSA test lane at our yard. Our fitters have demonstrated the procedure to the DVSA Inspectors and they declared it perfectly legal. So, all forty-odd vehicles on our fleet run at 93! We’ve already seen a saving of over £40,000+ by not having to employ double drivers.

Don’t ask me how they do it… It was explained to me but I have no interest, unless it has Land Rover on the bonnet!

lumpygreenpoo:

Our workshop has found a way of setting the speed limiter to 90kph while the vehicle runs at 93kph. We have a DVSA test lane at our yard. Our fitters have demonstrated the procedure to the DVSA Inspectors and they declared it perfectly legal. So, all forty-odd vehicles on our fleet run at 93! We’ve already seen a saving of over £40,000+ by not having to employ double drivers.

Don’t ask me how they do it… It was explained to me but I have no interest, unless it has Land Rover on the bonnet!

Bollox!.jpg

lumpygreenpoo:

This was nearly believe able until the mention of Dvsa Tester, saying it was legal, been sat in Tesco a while drive.

Why the cynism? It was implemented last year and we tend to use agency drivers for double drives: forty trucks, each with a double driver, each double driver earns £500 per week, that’s £20,000 for one week! We use double drivers all year round. We had 142 trucks in total on the road last summer.

Furthermore, the double drivers meet us wherever we are in Europe so you have to factor in flights and hotels. The gaffer usually flies in DD’s 24 hours before they’re required to drive and puts them in a hotel. The DDs will then spend 20 hours driving with us before going back into another hotel before flying home. So, for a single double drive, the DD will be with us for 3-4 days, which can be quite expensive.

For example, the last tour I did was eighteen trucks and we used DDs on four separate occasions. That’s 18 drivers, plus flights, plus hotels, on four occasions, so it’s not really bollox, is it? ■■■■…

Oh, and I don’t do Tescos, I leave that you all you muppets!

lumpygreenpoo:

Our workshop has found a way of setting the speed limiter to 90kph while the vehicle runs at 93kph. We have a DVSA test lane at our yard. Our fitters have demonstrated the procedure to the DVSA Inspectors and they declared it perfectly legal.

So the speed is more than what is actually being recorded on the tacho…and DVSA say that is legal ? :open_mouth:
Really?
So what if one of these trucks are involved in a mega ■■■■ up on the motorway, and it looks like it’s said truck’s fault. :neutral_face:

It would be interesting to see the outcome of that, especially when the whole fleet are then seen to be on the same system.

A three percent increase in top speed (minuscule in terms of average speed) eliminates the need for fifty percent of drivers.

Seems legit!

milodon:
A three percent increase in top speed (minuscule in terms of average speed) eliminates the need for fifty percent of drivers.

Seems legit!

Careful now, he’ll be calling you names too… :cry: :grimacing:

mostly whatever im in usually sits 62-63 and shows a max of 56…no big deal,you dont stand out like a sore thumb so long as you keep an eye out and keep it around 60.
once the …must make boat button … is hit,then its just whatever you feel like allowing for time of day,or mostly night as 5 or 10 mins can be the difference to a night in bed,or a day lost.
being able to creep past the plobber brigade makes a vast difference on longer trips.plus it is just sooooooooooo satisfying and makes for a more enjoyable relaxing ride. :slight_smile:

dieseldog999:
mostly whatever im in usually sits 62-63 and shows a max of 56…no big deal,you dont stand out like a sore thumb so long as you keep an eye out and keep it around 60.
once the …must make boat button … is hit,then its just whatever you feel like allowing for time of day,or mostly night as 5 or 10 mins can be the difference to a night in bed,or a day lost.
being able to creep past the plobber brigade makes a vast difference on longer trips.plus it is just sooooooooooo satisfying and makes for a more enjoyable relaxing ride. :slight_smile:

Do you use the same speed delete software DD? ie limiter set to your 62mph/100kph but tacho recording a 90kph max?

AndrewG:

dieseldog999:

Do you use the same speed delete software DD? ie limiter set to your 62mph/100kph but tacho recording a 90kph max?

the guru in bandit country co armagh does it while you wait…seal intact,takes 10 mins,and shows a max of 90ks.
ive got away with it a few times after showing the trace reading 56 when ive been over.
overtook the inspector from stranraer a while ago in his corsa.the ■■■■ followed me for ages and got the woodentops in the normal patrol car to stop me at dumfries then wondered why i laughed in his face when they tried to do me for speeding.
i got a shout on the radio the car was sitting at the bottom of the hill,so it was anchors on to 40 and nicely round the corner in front of them.
sat night around 2 a,m. they didnt know they couldnt charge me when the trace showed 56 for the last 90 mins apart from slowing for roundabouts and such in a 40 zone till they called someone to verify that.the fact the inspector was adamant i was sitting around 65 almost all the way didnt do him any good as his corsa didnt have the traffic car spec and was just an ordinary car.
that was about 8 years ago and im still waiting to hear more from the parting statement of the" il be speaking to my friends in the traffic office and you will be hearing from them in due course" .
total pish,but im just as happy the big car must have been busy elsewhere when he was trying to get me stopped,and i still made iceland at deeside in under my 4.5… :slight_smile: