Cruising speed

milodon:
Your research is way off - even at 94 you’d be overtaking everybody all the bloody time. Here’s your “paltry 10 klicks”, 80 vs 90: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWPa1hzESiU

Noone in their right mind would let their trucks run at 110, even the coaches don’t. If you’d have a clue about actually running a lorry, you’d know about the increase in drag, therefore decreasing the fuel mileage like it’s going off a cliff. No diff ratio is going to matter running at 110. Or at a 100 for that matter.

Here’s your often mentioned Tarrant 560, going at it, don’t think 110 is the right number. Or 100 for that matter. The Iveco is going at 92-93 prolly. With a light load and a MAN limited to 94, I was overtaken by a total of two lorries on the way from Pescara to Udine once,
the italians have a firm grasp on the real world as well. https://youtu.be/hhbIBjYlrZg?t=16m12s

The Gendarmerie would like nothing better, than to catch a Spanish truck going 10 over the limiter all the way. There would be champagne. Not for the driver though. I have seen the fines, I don’t think pulling tatty old tilts pays enough, even in lala land.

You have absolutely no idea what i make pulling ‘tatty old tilts’ :smiley:
Keep digging… :laughing:

I have no qualms about the boundaries of your imagination, that is true.

Concretejim:
This is the title for the next topic “when rolling down hill, how fast is too fast”

Would be interesting to know the real results of roulette.

Anyone have a link to that supposed irish scania that got pulled in france a few months back doing 130kmh.

Portugese boyos, livestock/horses and every renault magnum, will get past me running light between calais and barcelona.

I’ll let her go off the clock if I need to. Tend to keep it under 70 in the UK, 61 on the continent.

A.

milodon:
I have no qualms about the boundaries of your imagination, that is true.

Likewise…

Concretejim:

Adonis.:

truckertang:
I wonder if all these drivers saying they sit at Tesco speed are the ones that let it roll downhill so you can’t get past then back down to Tesco speed again on the flat…
[emoji848][emoji848][emoji848][emoji848]
Or the ones that are following you for miles then decide to overtake near the top of a hill…
Seeing more and more of these absolute cretins…

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I love laughing at these clowns, watching them jobby themselves when they roll to 60 and then stamp on the breaks, terrified to get an overspend as I doodle past at a gentle 75.

Note to cretins, trying to hold out motors with a proper limiter means you will be made to look silly.

A.

This is the title for the next topic “when rolling down hill, how fast is too fast”

Anyone have a link to that supposed irish scania that got pulled in france a few months back doing 130kmh.

Portugese boyos, livestock/horses and every renault magnum, will get past me running light between calais and barcelona.

I dont have the Irish R620 link but heres two, one in particular that know how to keep it lit.

youtube.com/watch?v=iX9Kfgl2C7c…. :grimacing:

I have one too!

Coincidentally, I worked for the same company at the time, the guy ended up in jail and the Scania was parked at the next peage for three weeks.

Concretejim:

Adonis.:

truckertang:
I wonder if all these drivers saying they sit at Tesco speed are the ones that let it roll downhill so you can’t get past then back down to Tesco speed again on the flat…
Or the ones that are following you for miles then decide to overtake near the top of a hill…

I love laughing at these clowns, watching them jobby themselves when they roll to 60 and then stamp on the breaks, terrified to get an overspend as I doodle past at a gentle 75.

Note to cretins, trying to hold out motors with a proper limiter means you will be made to look silly.

A.

Former colleague of mine got caught doing 156kph down a hill near Limoges on France. I got flown over to bail him out and pay for coach to he released. It’s was €2000 cash then he had to go back for court etc

milodon:
Your research is way off - even at 94 you’d be overtaking everybody all the bloody time. Here’s your “paltry 10 klicks”, 80 vs 90: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWPa1hzESiU

Noone in their right mind would let their trucks run at 110, even the coaches don’t. If you’d have a clue about actually running a lorry, you’d know about the increase in drag, therefore decreasing the fuel mileage like it’s going off a cliff. No diff ratio is going to matter running at 110. Or at a 100 for that matter.

Here’s your often mentioned Tarrant 560, going at it, don’t think 110 is the right number. Or 100 for that matter. The Iveco is going at 92-93 prolly. With a light load and a MAN limited to 94, I was overtaken by a total of two lorries on the way from Pescara to Udine once,
the italians have a firm grasp on the real world as well. https://youtu.be/hhbIBjYlrZg?t=16m12s

The Gendarmerie would like nothing better, than to catch a Spanish truck going 10 over the limiter all the way. There would be champagne. Not for the driver though. I have seen the fines, I don’t think pulling tatty old tilts pays enough, even in lala land.

100kph is the normal here in Australia … plus I thought 60mph was legal in the Uk and EU

discoman:

milodon:

100kph is the normal here in Australia … plus I thought 60mph was legal in the Uk and EU

Eu says 90kph (56mh) limiter must be fitted to trucks.
On m-ways here`s a few examples of national truck speed limits.
France 90
Germany 80
Italy 80
Spain 90
From personal experience, lots of trucks in Italy and Germany do run at 90kph. In Spain, 90 almost seems to be the minimum!

60mph is the maximum in the UK but were limited to 56…
Strange strange country this is…
[emoji23][emoji23]

truckertang:
60mph is the maximum in the UK but were limited to 56…
Strange strange country this is…
[emoji23][emoji23]

Plus with a 70mph limit for cars it`s clear to see why BMW, Porsche, Jaguar etc never sell any vehicles here.

AndrewG:
Is that really you Rob? Only you said you were 8 stone wet through…you look more of a chunker than that mate… :stuck_out_tongue:

Still carrying a bit of Christmas timber Andrew. :laughing:

We have one wagon and the cruise says 56mph, the tachograph says 90kph but the GPS speed on my satnav says 59mph and I’ve never once been overtaken. As technically the speed limit on a motorway is 60mph I drive on the limiter at 90kph /59mph or whatever the true speed is.

All I know is it’s the fastest lorry on the road!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

4yorks:
We have one wagon and the cruise says 56mph, the tachograph says 90kph but the GPS speed on my satnav says 59mph and I’ve never once been overtaken. As technically the speed limit on a motorway is 60mph I drive on the limiter at 90kph /59mph or whatever the true speed is.

All I know is it’s the fastest lorry on the road!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Very similar to the old nail I drive. Very rarely any other truck goes past me. Up hill is a completely different matter though. :laughing:
This is the only reason why Il miss it when it goes this year, that and the radio.

Adonis.:

truckertang:

A.

Let it go down the hills, Tachomaster only flags an overspeed if the overspeed occurs for more than 1 mile, it then gives the maximum speed and the average speed.

The only issue then is the forward facing camera Microlies and Fleeboard will show you’re indiscretion if the office can bother there arse to look, they usually don’t.

45mph.

ezydriver:
45mph.

On all roads?? Slippers on, feet up and wind the seat back… :sunglasses::wink:

Limited to 52 (but I go slower when it’s windy :wink: ). Can’t remember the last time I overtook someone other than a Tescos.

I find keeping my speed well below 10mph is best to allow the ladies to approach my vehicle as they will be aware I’m a potential customer.
No bloody wonder you lot don’t get any action.

Dipper_Dave:
I find keeping my speed well below 10mph is best to allow the ladies to approach my vehicle as they will be aware I’m a potential customer.
No bloody wonder you lot don’t get any action.

I find going OVER 10mph dissuades them from jumping out!