Cruise Control System

Is that true that it’s not good for the truck to use the Cruise Control System while going on the hill?

Not that I know

What would be different between cruise control and using your right foot?

Cruise control is much more efficient as it will only inject the fuel needed to keep it’s momentum, cruise control actually uses less fuel than a heavy right foot.

Absolutely never heard of any issue with using cruise control on hills in my life.

going uphill with cruise control on usually allows rpm to drop lower than optimum for selected gear as before you started to climb hill it was in gear that is unlikely to be suitable for hill climb and then cruise drops it into other end of spectrum lover gear with higher rpms so in theory it might cause more stress on engine/gearbox smth…

better either push gas just before hill climb to gain a bit of momentum or click one gear down before climb starts

you’ll definately get more efficiency - speed and mpg if not use cc on hillclimb

thats ofcurse if we’re talking autos here…

I knock it off out of habit when climbing because I was told that using CC to accelerate wasn’t good for the engine/gearbox.

If we are talking about a auto then you are meant to let the truck do the work. It knows when to drop down the gears even if by instinct our brains tell us we need revs to maintain the speed to climb the hill.

You gotta remember trucks make their torque really low down where as in a typical petrol car they make peak torque towards the top end of the rev range thus the thing of reving = speed

Even here on this forum, we have 2 opinions about the issue :slight_smile: