Croatia.

Hi all.
Just looking for any info any of you have on Croatia. I’m off there in a couple of weeks to the port of Pula.
What route have you taken?
Am I likely to be held up for hours at borders? Slovenia/Croatia?
Parking areas?
Decent eating places?
Any other info would be gladly apreciated.
Oh yeah, will I return alive?

Cheers, Kenny.

kennymanning:
Hi all.
Just looking for any info any of you have on Croatia. I’m off there in a couple of weeks to the port of Pula.
Oh yeah, will I return alive?

Cheers, Kenny.

Can’t help much Kenny, I’ve never been that far across. Let us know if you make it ! :question: :laughing:

Cant help a lot either because the last time I went it was called Yugoslavia, the border crossings should be no more difficult then Austria or Hungary now, although Im not sure if there are any road taxes or tolls to pay!

Someone will be along shortly who has recently been :blush:

Ther are road taxes in Croatia, that much I do know. i would have thought the only border that may be a problem would be the one into Croatia where you leave the EU.

Need a 2nd man? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Drivertwoanywhere :exclamation:

(knows at least 4 different methods of changing gear on an elctronic-boxed actros :wink: )

If we need a 2nd man, you’ll be the first to know!!! Going to Germany this week so I won’t be in front of a computer till later in the week.
Thanks anyway guys.
have a good troublefree week
kenny

Hi Kenny,
I havent been abroad in the truck for 6 years now, but when I did, the last 3 years of international work I spent most of it in Croatia and Slovenia reloading out of Italy
Croatia is a very beautiful country with some wonderful scenery. All the troubles are over and have been for a long time, so as to you making it back alive the answer is yes, but just like any other country you have to be carefull in what you do and where you park. I used to haul anything from NATO supplies to full loads of whiskey for the general public and never had any trouble. The people in general where very friendly, especially when ever I was weekended over there.
If you know which way you are going into Croatia either via Italy or down through Austria/ Slovenia let me know and I will dig out my old maps and try and remember the decent stopping places and rough transit times.

Paul

Hi paul.
Not sure what route I’m taking yet, but probably Germany, austria, slovenia and croatia. Any info on roads, tolls, borders etc would be apreciated.
cheers buddy. I won’t be around till later in the week where hopefully i’ll have a few answers. Thanks again,
kenny

Lucky you! :smiling_imp: you wil going to croatia trip!!! sound like you will have good time and new expereince, i hope you able to bring the your camera and we would to like to hear your journey diary and look the pics!!!, will be nice! :laughing:

Cheers
Ben (Willi Betz Fan)

: Hi Kenny Here are a few points which I hope may help you.1You will need road tax for Belgium.Luxemberg.also Holland ,This can be bought for as you need it Daily.2/3days worth or weekly etc. 2 If you go over Luxemberg the fuel is about 20cents cheaper and you get the vat back.3To use the roads in Austria
you will need a GO-BOX --LOOK here WWW.GO-MAUT.at this site has the information that you need Where and how to use it .Not forgetting the O-KO
points system Herew in A is the fuel cheaper as inGermany if you need some
If you are useing the Taurern tunnel you can pay cash or with cards.Drive with care in A they are doing more LORRY checks than normal. I am not sure but from November you need to carry SNOWCHAINS. This is now the last point on your way back for B-L.-NL you can get the road tax in Germany try this web site
WWW.AGES.de sorry only German but open the site .click on EURO-VINGETTE
you now have a map which you can read where to buy the TAX hope it helps have a nice trip pete

Hi Kenny
I did a trip to Republika Sverpska in March this year, via Slovenia and Croatia.
I went via Graz, Maribor and Zagreb, but I think for Pula you would probably go via the Tauern and Karawanken tunnels or even via Trieste.
Slovenia only joined the EU in May so I still had to wait at Maribor for customs, and then on the Croatian border there was a 3 or 4 hour wait for customs etc.
You can pay motorway tolls in Euros in both Slovenia and Croatia. There are plenty of restaurants with parking for lorries and the larger restaurants will accept Euros also.
Before May, you could only bring 200L of diesel from Slovenia back into the EU (Austria), even if it was bought in the EU. They used to check regularly too, I got caught once with 100L too much and had to pay a 100Euro fine/surcharge.
I don’t know what the situation is now but I suppose in theory you are only allowed to bring 200L from Croatia into Slovenia.
I don’t remember any road taxes in Croatia but expect to get clobbered for about 5-10 Euro parking fee at the border.
There are quite a few Dutch transporters taking yachts down that way so you should be able to find someone to help you at the border.
Good luck and have a good trip.

Geoff

Hi all,
Many thanks for your replies.
I’m off to Croatia this week coming.
Shipping out of Dublin tommorrow morning (Sat).
Hoping to hit Croatia on Wednesday, if all goes well. If you see a 03 Actros
(580 :laughing: ) with Irish plates on it, pulling a flat with 2 train type shunting things on it, wondering around the Continent this next week, thats me. Just pull me over and point me in the right direction will ya!!
Cheers lads.
kenny

Which route have you decided on Kenny? I was offered a job to Trieste yesterday but I turned it down otherwise I might have been heading in the same sort of direction as the first part of your trip and could have bumped into you.