Cribbs causeway

Does anyone know if parking is still allowed here?

Heard a rumour that they had stopped it?

DonutUK:
Does anyone know if parking is still allowed here?

Heard a rumour that they had stopped it?

If you mean Asda then I popped in 4 weeks ago to buy something as its local to me and there were a few wagons there then so that’s all I know.

Be surprised if they did, the drivers do shop in Asda & I always made the effort to shop in there if I was parking for the night. The car park is big enough for everyone, always best to go in and out the back entrance by NFT rather than driving in the front, bit brazen. Having said all that it did surprise me that Asda turned a blind eye to it as officially it’s a no, no.

It was on facebook that asda have put a complete block on lorries going in now.

Shame cos it was really handy.

I parked there last Tuesday, along with about a dozen or so others. No problems whatsoever!

Interesting. Maybe some lads were littering and chucking the ■■■■ jugs about. Would only take one to clip a car on the way in and they’d be up in arms.

Perhaps there’s simply not much they can do about it though short of hiring some bover boys to patrol. Could put a height or width barrier in I suppose, dunno how that would effect their own wagons though.

Always a few or more trucks parked in there its more so Fri Sat Sun its a no no and also depends on the manager on duty,

The ban was nothing to do with litter it was to do with Burns trucks parking up at 14:00 and at times earlier there.

another place you could try is BS11 9QD that’ll put you on
Avonbridge Trading Estate,
Atlantic Road
Bristol,
Avonmouth

there’s a kebab van there that ain’t too bad

Just had a phone call to say the parking area is now completely concrete barriered off. The story goes that a driver went into the store and verbably abused staff, so the management put a total ban on. So yet again the minority balls it up for the majority :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

theres a load of big boulders bottom end of car park to stop parking now

wildfire:
Just had a phone call to say the parking area is now completely concrete barriered off. The story goes that a driver went into the store and verbably abused staff, so the management put a total ban on. So yet again the minority balls it up for the majority :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

They’re obviously just looking for excuses then. If a car driving customer did the same thing they’re hardly likely to barricade the entrance to all cars. Its about time drivers in this country stood up for themselves when it comes to parking and the requirement to be able to buy food on the road, especially at these big supermarkets that rely so heavily on massive transport activities to survive yet treat those drivers who make it all possible with absolute disdain and contempt.
In my opinion society (which we are a part of) has a responsibility to trucks and drivers like it does to everybody else. We’re not allowed to just drive 24 hours a day, we have to stop by law yet often find it incredibly hard to do so unless its in a location with no food, no showers, no toilets and the like. People treat us like scum because we let them, we expect it and ignore it when it does happen and move on to the next pathetic parking space away from civilisation. We’re treated worse than gypsies, at least they dont allow themselves to be herded away from places like a herd of sheep.
We are all hard working members of society and the vehicles we drive are the linchpin in our society being able to exist in the way that it does and as such I dont think its too much to expect that we’re not treat like leppers and that our vehicles are provided with adequate parking. Every local council/authority should be required to provide a certain amount of parking in or near towns and ensure that supermarket car parks are open to truck parking, at least in the evening. Infact I think it should be part of the planning permission application, that way councils wont actually have to foot any expense. But no, that wont happen because no one cares and no one cares because drivers dont care or say a ■■■■ thing when they get run out of town like a bunch of tramps and vagrants to go and crap in bushes, ■■■■ in bottles and such like on the industrial estates and laybys that are far enough out of town as to not upset the local inhabitants who want to go shopping and live off the products of which each and every one of us has brought them in the trucks that we drive.

A Walmart carpark in Maine in the USA. This is typical of 95% of all Walmarts across the US and Canada.

…and another. No one bats an eyelid at this. Why would they? Drivers deliver everything they need and everyone knows drivers need to eat as well. What kind of society would deny that reality?

There was previously another big supermarket in Brishole that used to tolerate overnight truck parking in its car park.

Then at least one haulier started to use it for overnight trailer swaps…and various people were ■■■■■■■ outdoors rather than using the in-store toilets (that were open 24 hours).

Unsurprisingly this was not acceptable to a food retailer…as a food retailer can you think of anything worse than to have your customer car park used as an open air toilet?

Abuse a facility, and it gets taken away. Don’t blame Asda, blame the ignorant, lazy, dirty minority of drivers who have done this to you.

robinhood_1984:

…and another. No one bats an eyelid at this. Why would they? Drivers deliver everything they need and everyone knows drivers need to eat as well. What kind of society would deny that reality?

is that the one near Bangor off I95 ■■

I think I saw in the local paper there was a incident between some boy/ girl racers and a lorry. Don’t know the ins and outs be also the Asda were going to put a stop to lorrys in car park.
Haven’t been since to have a look.

Went in there this Monday, not to overnight just to stock up, very tight trying to turn an artic with moffet on the back as there are boulders in all the entrances to the top park, (i did consider dropping the moffet and moving a few!)

its been a issue for a couple of yrs now companies dropping trls there and leaving them for days and as gas gas said minority of drivers using it as a outside toilet. one of the reasons they turned a blind eye was the trucks was better than ■■■■■■ which turned up regular but as usual one or two spoil it for the rest.

Mark22_2:
I think I saw in the local paper there was a incident between some boy/ girl racers and a lorry. Don’t know the ins and outs be also the Asda were going to put a stop to lorrys in car park.

Yes it was posted with pictures last year sometime and it was a boy racer car embedded into the side of a trailer.

bald bloke:

Mark22_2:

Yes it was posted with pictures last year sometime and it was a boy racer car embedded into the side of a trailer.

I posted the pic and it wasn’t a boy racer it was a trade plater ■■■■■■ out of his head :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Here it is…viewtopic.php?f=2&t=90557&p=1287390&hilit=cribbs+causeway#p1287390

Shame really, I’m sure asda had no problem with the vast majority of truckers parking in there for the night and spending money in their shop. Always was a timed liberty in my opinion, it’s not like abroad here where trucks are concerned, we’re lepers.

As has been mentioned there was a young team boy racer element who would go in and drag race, usually at the weekend which could have caused friction but not that I knew of. Think they were just noisy rather than interfering with the wagons.

Typical if its true about one mouthy ■■■■ spoiling it for everyone.